2008 Edge Dark Ink Blue Clearcoat Metallic

blueovalfan

If you bought a 2008 Edge in Dark Ink Blue Clearcoat Metallic paint can you please post some pics in the gallery?

Was it on SE, SEL or Limited?

How do you like this color?

What cloth/leather interior looks best with Dark Ink Blue Clearcoat Metallic paint?

The Ford dealers here in San Diego don't have any 2008s. They have a bunch of 2007s but this color was not available in 2007.

Do any other Ford models have this paint? Maybe I can see the paint on the dealer lot on a different vehicle.

Cheers.

You can find the Dark Ink Blue on the 2008 Taurus. I saw it and actually mistook it for black. Only upon closer inpection did I realize it had a hint of blue in it. I guess in the sunlight it might be easier to see the blue but in the shade it looks virtually black. I didn't like it.

I drove a Dark Ink Blue 2008 Taurus for a weekend recently. In direct sunlight and up close, it is a beautiful highly metallic very dark blue color. It is almost black. From a distance, it looks black, but like a dirty black. There is so much metal flake in the paint that it looks like a black car with a coat of dust on it all the time, even on the sides of the car. I greatly prefer the glossy shine of a true black or a color with less metallic flake to it. It is purely a personal thing, but that color would not be acceptable to me at all. I greatly prefered the dark blue color that the 2007 Lincoln MKZ was available in. That was a beautiful and classic dark blue. It was metallic, but not so much so that it had the dirty look that the new color does. Some may love it. My prediction is that many more won't and that it will be dropped across the board after 2008. It is just not going to appeal to that many blue car lovers, of which I am one.

• 1 year later...
I drove a Dark Ink Blue 2008 Taurus for a weekend recently. In direct sunlight and up close, it is a beautiful highly metallic very dark blue color. It is almost black. From a distance, it looks black, but like a dirty black. There is so much metal flake in the paint that it looks like a black car with a coat of dust on it all the time, even on the sides of the car. I greatly prefer the glossy shine of a true black or a color with less metallic flake to it. It is purely a personal thing, but that color would not be acceptable to me at all. I greatly prefered the dark blue color that the 2007 Lincoln MKZ was available in. That was a beautiful and classic dark blue. It was metallic, but not so much so that it had the dirty look that the new color does. Some may love it. My prediction is that many more won't and that it will be dropped across the board after 2008. It is just not going to appeal to that many blue car lovers, of which I am one.

I bought a 2008 Limited Dark Ink Blue Edge with Black/Charcol leather interior and I LOVE the colour. It is totally blue, the only time you can't really see the blue is at night. It is such an elegant lookling SUV, expecially with my 20" chrome rims. I have had soooo many compliments on the colour. The plus side is every other Edge is either White, Burnt Orange or Red.

I don't know about you but I like being a little more original. I will post some pics as soon as I get the snow and salt off it. GO for the Dark Ink Blue, it is stunning!!

I