2008 illumination color?

npggirl

Hey!

I might have missed it, but did anyone (that already got the 2008 Edge) post what color the illumination lights are on the inside?

I mean the lights that tell you your mileage and your stereo lights, all that good stuff.

Is it still green?

Blue?

:speedie:

Edited by npggirl

Hey!

I might have missed it, but did anyone (that already got the 2008 Edge) post what color the illumination lights are on the inside?

I mean the lights that tell you your mileage and your stereo lights, all that good stuff.

Is it still green?

Blue?

:speedie:

Still green. It would have been nice if they had used the ice blue that they are using in the Escape and in the Lincolns, but no such luck. This is really something Ford needs to address across their entire line. The old-school green just doesn't cut it anymore. They're slowly getting there with the ice blue in a couple models, but a modern vehicle like the Edge should really have a color that's more fitting, such as blue, amber or red.

Even better, implement the feature that's in some of the Mustangs where you can choose your own dash lighting color.

Still green. It would have been nice if they had used the ice blue that they are using in the Escape and in the Lincolns, but no such luck. This is really something Ford needs to address across their entire line. The old-school green just doesn't cut it anymore. They're slowly getting there with the ice blue in a couple models, but a modern vehicle like the Edge should really have a color that's more fitting, such as blue, amber or red.

Even better, implement the feature that's in some of the Mustangs where you can choose your own dash lighting color.

Does anyone out there know if this would be a easy thing to change? Not in the radio of course, but the dash back lighting? I would think that they could just replace the light bulbs, but how easy/difficult that is would be the question.

Clayton

Darn! Thanks for the answer, I was really hoping for ice blue!

Welp, if that is the only thing that I don't like, I think it will be okay.

lol

Darn! Thanks for the answer, I was really hoping for ice blue!

Welp, if that is the only thing that I don't like, I think it will be okay.

lol

Yes, I too was hoping for ice blue. Have to get the MKX for that.

And, no, it's not an easy thing to change, unless you like taking the whole dash apart and replacing dozens of LED lights, which I believe may even involve soldering. Some of them are likely so small it would be quite tedious even aside from the dash disassembly.

Yes, I too was hoping for ice blue. Have to get the MKX for that.

And, no, it's not an easy thing to change, unless you like taking the whole dash apart and replacing dozens of LED lights, which I believe may even involve soldering. Some of them are likely so small it would be quite tedious even aside from the dash disassembly.

ewww, too much work...

I'll be just fine with green!

Kermit always was...

heh... :hysterical2:

thanks again cobra!