No Start or Crank Issue

wilsonaz

I have had an issue three times, and brought to the dealer twice, where I go to start the car and it does not crank over. I get an error on the dash desiplay that says "EDO Error". All electrical functions when this happens. I try multiple times (seems like 10-20 times or more) to start it and it will finally crank over. The 1st visit to the dealer provided a diagnosis to check for a loose cable under the dash (via the Ford Hotline), and apparently that is what they did. It has now been at the dealer for 2 weeks and they have no clue since it will start when they try and Ford has no answers beyond existing TSB's.

Has anyone else experienced anyting like this? It seems the only solution is to take the car back, roll the dice that it will not happen in an emergency, and call road side assistance to take it to the dealer before I try cranking it over multiple times (it never cranked immediately after).

I have a camera phone video I took when it happened last (but apparently can not post videos).

Thanks!

Ron

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
I have had an issue three times, and brought to the dealer twice, where I go to start the car and it does not crank over. I get an error on the dash desiplay that says "EDO Error". All electrical functions when this happens. I try multiple times (seems like 10-20 times or more) to start it and it will finally crank over. The 1st visit to the dealer provided a diagnosis to check for a loose cable under the dash (via the Ford Hotline), and apparently that is what they did. It has now been at the dealer for 2 weeks and they have no clue since it will start when they try and Ford has no answers beyond existing TSB's.

Has anyone else experienced anyting like this? It seems the only solution is to take the car back, roll the dice that it will not happen in an emergency, and call road side assistance to take it to the dealer before I try cranking it over multiple times (it never cranked immediately after).

I have a camera phone video I took when it happened last (but apparently can not post videos).

Thanks!

Ron

Just happened to me, 07 MKX 13,000kms will not crank over, it has been towed to dealer, no word as to what happened.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

Has anyone ever figured this out?

The same thing is happening to my Edge right now and three weeks and hundreds of dollars in car rental and dealer shop fees (they thought it was the cause of a faulty installation and uninstall of an after market car starter and charged me) and towing charges, I am getting a little frusterated...

Edge is back in the shop today...help!!

Edited by Chrissy