Back Seat Seat Covers?

• 4 months later...

Got them. They're not cheap, but they fit perfectly. They're made of a denim like material, wash like crap (strings in the velcro) the first time, like a dream the second. I scotch guard after washing hoping for a smidge of moisture barrier.

I haven't dared put them in the dryer, but line drying is a snap in the desert (even in winter).

Front seats, back seats, with the console cover, cut out for cup holders and 40/60 split. Little covers go over the headrests.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Custom-Seat...sspagenameZWDVW

The tan ones don't match the original leather, but they wash a lot easier and the dog is allowed in the car with a lot less wringing of hands.

I dont understand why get seat covers for kids - leather is MUCH easier to clean up than cloth (to each their own I guess)?

Granted I do not have kids, but many friends do and will not get anything but leather for the ease of cleaning up. They spill juice, wipe it down and you are down (unless it is sticky). Now for the floor, that is a different story.

Now, dogs, I understand why (darn paws). This is why our dogs are limited to the back cargo area.

Solas

I dont understand why get seat covers for kids - leather is MUCH easier to clean up than cloth (to each their own I guess)?

Granted I do not have kids, but many friends do and will not get anything but leather for the ease of cleaning up. They spill juice, wipe it down and you are down (unless it is sticky). Now for the floor, that is a different story.

Now, dogs, I understand why (darn paws). This is why our dogs are limited to the back cargo area.

Solas

Heat, my friend. In Phoenix, leather seats will singe your tail feathers right off. It's painful. In March, no issue. August? I'd otherwise have 4 big ole beach towels to drape over everything.

Wipe down is easy. Crumbs off is not so easy. Kids bring dirt and particles, there's just no way around it.

Hmm, i dont seem to have that problem with my leather in my Mazda. I dont expect it either with the Edge - once the front is tinted. Temps in summer here can range 90F-100F with 100% humidity. While it may not be as bad here as it is in Phoenix - I still think it is hot. Of course, i would move to Alaska if I could.

But I do use sun shields and tinted (UV) windows.

Cheers

Solas