Forum Saved My Ass.......

wojo

Hello everyone!!!!

I just bought a very nice used 2007 MKX from a (Chrysler) dealer. It came with a 3000 mile 3 month powertrain warranty. I started noticing grease drops on the floor occasionally.......I decided to take it to my mechanic (a ford dealer) because it needed the oil changed and had him check out the leak with only about 1-1/2 months and 1k miles left on the warranty. My mechanic called me and told me the PTU needed to be replaced. I had him give me an estimate which was $1300.00. I also Googled the problem and it brought me to the pictorial that a member of rhis forum did. I printed out all the info and brought it with me to the dealer. It took them a while but the Chrysler tech came out and told me they were going to replace the PTU under warranty and gave me a 2013 loaner to drive home. When I went into the shop one of their mechanics asked me how I got the info and was clearly blown away by it. I am sure it saved me a trip and a few arguments........

Thanks

Wojo

Yes, the dealer was as about as professional as you can get! No haggling on the repair and no pressure when purchasing the vehicle. They are a Chrysler Dealer and prefer not to buy from dealers but in this case it panned out well. Their name is Federico Chrysler in Wood River, IL. and I highly recommend them. Whenever I scanned craigslist there would be only a couple of individuals selling MKX's , the same with Autotrader. This dealer had exactly what I wanted and the price was reasonable.

post-29303-0-79030100-1390518919_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

It's that white chocolate color.......Most of the MKX's I saw for sale were Black.......I had my share of black vehicles. They look beautiful for the 15 clean seconds after you wash them but any dirt makes them look nasty. I could not find any nicks on this one...there are some scuff marks on the rear bumper from sliding things out of the cargo area. They will polish out when I get a chance. The interior was incredibly clean but well smoked in. The rear defroster worked when I got it but now the light don't go on.......seems like the heated mirrors may not be working..........It has 76K on it......My wife's last car (1999 Lincoln Continental) had 216K on it when I bought it........it now has over 300k and was passed on to my teenage daughter who was very excited to watch the odometer roll over to 300K..........

On the 99 continental it's essential that the tranny fluid gets changed periodically. My car had fluid changes in the history and never had any probs. The air suspension is rear only and is very similar to the town car suspension. Had a leaky air spring and replaced it with a junkyard one for $20. Air springs are the easiest thing to change on a Lincoln. I had to replace a front strut because of a broken spring and it set me back $400.00. These came with electronic shocks (active) or regular (passive) and I have never figured out if it was an option or what.... I think all the newer ones are passive which = cheaper. The front rotors are undersized......so somewhere in the middle of your brake pad life the rotors need to be turned, it uses same as Mark Viii which has the same problem. I only paid $1500 for it 5 yrs ago so I would say its been a bargain. Very nice driving car with comfy seats and if you can find an '02 from the original owner, I would pay over blue book for it.

• Like 1