Sync gone

I don't use it very often, but just noticed that things like vehicle health report, directions, etc are no longer showing up on my 2012 Edge. I started poking around online and found on MyFord's page that you have to "renew" your complimentary subscription for Sync, apparently yearly. I don't remember doing this last year, so I'm a little confused. Clicked on the renew button, was told I had successfully renewed my complimentary subscription, but still none of the usual stuff shows up.

I did update in Sept to whatever the latest update was and there doesn't appear to be anything newer. Also had to have the APIM replaced around that same time. Like I said, I don't use these specific things very often, so have no idea how long they've been missing, but they are handy when I need them and would like to have them back if possible. Phone still functions like it should (as far as I know).

I've been poking around the forums to see if I can find info on this, and may have missed it - there are certainly no shortage of issues with the whole system. If anyone has any words of wisdom or can point me in the right direction, I'd appreciate it!

Thanks!

Jeez, Antonio, you're a week late, dude. After 5-6 days you give up or forget about checking yet another site for help. I've got a question for you, does the sync have it's own bluetooth pairing? As you see in my sig I don't have the factory radio but a Kenwood, which has a bluetooth setup screen as well as a "sync bluetooth" menu option? The ford site manuals only describe factory radio procedures, I actually had to convince the ford Tech at a Bronx dealership that he could update the sync without the factory radio being present!

Edited by b1gbleu

... I've got a question for you, does the sync have it's own bluetooth pairing? As you see in my sig I don't have the factory radio but a Kenwood, which has a bluetooth setup screen as well as a "sync bluetooth" menu option? ...

Hello b1gleu,

In order to use the SYNC hardware and functions to connect your device via Bluetooth, you need to have access to the OEM controls and display. If these controls/display have been replaced, the Bluetooth pairing capabilities of SYNC are likely unavailable with your current hardware.

Antonio

I CAN connect to sync with bluetooth, the Kenwood with the Maestro RR is designed specifically to do that. I am trying to find the difference between using one or the other for the connection. I don't like getting in the car and the radio and/or SYNC is starting up my music automatically. It's actually in the dealership right now getting the transmission rebuilt. I'll have to play around more once I get it back.

Edited by b1gbleu

I CAN connect to sync with bluetooth, the Kenwood with the Maestro RR is designed specifically to do that. I am trying to find the difference between using one or the other for the connection. I don't like getting in the car and the radio and/or SYNC is starting up my music automatically. It's actually in the dealership right now getting the transmission rebuilt. I'll have to play around more once I get it back.

b1gbleu,

It's difficult to say. I don't have any product-specific knowledge about your Maestro, but I've seen other radios that have their own Bluetooth capabilities independent from the rest of the vehicle. I wasn't sure if your setup happened to be one of them or if it piggy-backed off the existing system. Either way, I'm at a disadvantage when it comes to aftermarket equipment. I don't have any way of knowing if the auto-play is coming from SYNC or some sort of default setting in your radio. Your owner's manual would likely offer the best insight. If it's Pandora that automatically kicks in, check under the app settings>advanced>then make sure the box under BLUETOOTH AUTOMOTIVE is unchecked. I hope this helps!

Antonio