2012 Limited Edge 2 years Old Now

RJG

OK.....thought I would report about our bought new 2012 3.5 Limited Edge with NAV.....it's now 2 years old. 22,000 miles.

It's been a terrific car. A few bugs with MFT, but those were worked out with a couple SD chips, I installed in driveway. Did other updates in driveway also. Did have some phone issues, but discoved my phone didn't have latest software, so after updating phone, it works perfect. Nav routed me off Interstate a couple times, but not sure if that was NAV fault, or daughter playing around with NAV settings. After redoing settings allowing for toll roads, Interstates, ferries, etc, hasn't done that since. Got my fingers crossed. Have had no reason to make a trip to the dealership for any reason other than routine maintenance. Really like communicating with SyncMyRide.com for favorites (stock quotes, etc) and updates. Use the Vehicle Health Report to my Insurance Company for small insurance reduction. It reports mileage and some info about driving habits (what kind not clear to me). Also happy to get the extended warranty on brake booster (no problem with mine), and to have the APIM module warranty extended to 5 years.

This is an extremely comfortable vehicle, and we enjoy it for long trips. Usually get 26-28 on highway....depending on load, hills, headwinds, etc. About 22 in urban driving. That is acceptable. In cold weather running auto climate, temp setting, and AC off adds about 1 MPG. I do have the all weather mats and a Husky rear cargo mat....so carpet is same as new. It's garaged 100% of time, so overall is same as new....paint, etc. All rubber around window and door frames still soft and pliable. Good quality there.

It was serviced at local Linciln dealership at around 6500 mile intervals, and did have an alignment at 19,000 miles. It didn't particularly need an alignment then....rear toe was off a little, but I knew it would soon, and I like to get 50,000 miles plus from original tires. Anyway....it drives as nice as when new. BTW....Lincoln dealership with their internet coupon is about as inexpensive as anywhere, but pop corn with coffee more flavors than Ford dealership. So only money I have spent on it was for routine maintenance....Ford oil/filter and tire rotations plus one alignment. Haven't checked condition of cabin filter, but will soon. I'll do engine air filter at recommended interval. May wax it soon, but clear coat still shiny like new.

So overall count me as a satisfied owner. I feel I got my money's worth. A good value.

Edited by RJG
  • Like 1