Anyone having problems with their edge?

MPEdge

Hello I'm new to this forum and I just wanted to ask if anyone is having any issues with their edge. I purchased my 07 edge 12Sept07 and it has been in the shop five times already :banghead: . First it was in for the front rotors (they were warped) so it went back to the dealership 4 days after buying it. the same day I got it back I went to a football game and my sun roof would open (when I would try to open it, it would only open 2 or 3 inches) after I noticed that the sun roof would open all the way it started to make a rattling noise. A week later my wife saw that the map light fell off and it would stay on after we tried to put it back on. That same day I noticed that one of the seal on the rear drivers’ side door was coming out of the door itself. When my wife went to take it to get fixed it had rained the night before, she saw that the dash was wet and she had water drops on her leg. So needless to say the windshield was leaking. They fixed just about every thing that time, but the guy that fixed the windshield cut the roof liner. So that added to the things that have gone wrong with my "NEW" Edge. when they had it in for the sun roof, map light, window seal and windshield they didn't fix the sun roof because they didn't want to pull the head liner off and fix the sun roof and then have to turn around a week later and take the head liner off again. I thought that made sense so I went with it. When the head liner was delivered to the dealership my wife took it back so they could fix that and the sun roof. So they "fixed" everything...so they thought. They thought the rattling was do to a lose screw in the sun roof, I’m assuming they tried to tighten all the screws in the sun roof, but they wound up taking it for a ride (not sure why since they "fixed" the problem) and again the sun roof was rattling. Now they ordered a new tack for the sun roof itself. If anyone else is having problems with their Edge like I am I would love to know so we can make Ford aware of our situations. :sos:

Hello I'm new to this forum and I just wanted to ask if anyone is having any issues with their edge. I purchased my 07 edge 12Sept07 and it has been in the shop five times already :banghead: . First it was in for the front rotors (they were warped) so it went back to the dealership 4 days after buying it. the same day I got it back I went to a football game and my sun roof would open (when I would try to open it, it would only open 2 or 3 inches) after I noticed that the sun roof would open all the way it started to make a rattling noise. A week later my wife saw that the map light fell off and it would stay on after we tried to put it back on. That same day I noticed that one of the seal on the rear drivers’ side door was coming out of the door itself. When my wife went to take it to get fixed it had rained the night before, she saw that the dash was wet and she had water drops on her leg. So needless to say the windshield was leaking. They fixed just about every thing that time, but the guy that fixed the windshield cut the roof liner. So that added to the things that have gone wrong with my "NEW" Edge. when they had it in for the sun roof, map light, window seal and windshield they didn't fix the sun roof because they didn't want to pull the head liner off and fix the sun roof and then have to turn around a week later and take the head liner off again. I thought that made sense so I went with it. When the head liner was delivered to the dealership my wife took it back so they could fix that and the sun roof. So they "fixed" everything...so they thought. They thought the rattling was do to a lose screw in the sun roof, I’m assuming they tried to tighten all the screws in the sun roof, but they wound up taking it for a ride (not sure why since they "fixed" the problem) and again the sun roof was rattling. Now they ordered a new tack for the sun roof itself. If anyone else is having problems with their Edge like I am I would love to know so we can make Ford aware of our situations. :sos:

Damn....sorry for the pun but...

I guess when it rains, it pours.

I would absolutely insist that the dealer fix EVERYTHING.

To your satisfaction.

Hopefully after they do, you won't have any other problems.

Almost problem free, had a rattle in the headliner too.

Hi there. Hope you get everything fixed. That is just awful, and I am sorry for you.

I am ordering my new edge next week, so I don't know first hand, but I have not heard of these problems with anyone else here....except the BAMR (sunroof)

Others were having those noises and it was due to not enough oil being on the tracks?

Just an FYI for you.

:)

I too have issues with my edge, bought it Sept. 18th! Go on the tsb alignment thread and you can read all about it. I also am having roof rattlels....my edge has been in the dealer 5 times..it's so frustrating!

Keep on them about everything because they don't give a hoot about the consumer. I'm learning that first hand. Good Luck!

So the Sun roof issue is out there, just wanted to make sure it wasn't me. The dealer is fixing everything (still under warranty) but when I asked about putting an ESP on it at their cost, they told me FORD (not the dealership itself) didn't want to do anything about it because it’s still under factory warranty. The GM even went to the extent to give my wife and me a $90.00 gift card to HESS gas station for our trouble. $33,000 vehicle, with in a month of ownership it has about $2,000 worth of problems (including parts and labor and gas to get to the dealership) and all he can do is give me a $90.00 gift card. What is one to do in a situation like this?

Edited by MPEdge

So the Sun roof issue is out there, just wanted to make sure it wasn't me. The dealer is fixing everything (still under warranty) but when I asked about putting an ESP on it at their cost, they told me FORD (not the dealership itself) didn't want to do anything about it because it’s still under factory warranty. The GM even went to the extent to give my wife and me a $90.00 gift card to HESS gas station for our trouble. $33,000 vehicle, with in a month of ownership it has about $2,000 worth of problems (including parts and labor and gas to get to the dealership) and all he can do is give me a $90.00 gift card. What is one to do in a situation like this?

Buy gas?

So the Sun roof issue is out there, just wanted to make sure it wasn't me. The dealer is fixing everything (still under warranty) but when I asked about putting an (ESP on it at their cost) Extended Service Plan @ The Dealership or Ford's cost?, they told me FORD (not the dealership itself) didn't want to do anything about it because it's still under factory warranty. Correct 3 years is it not? 3 years to fix the problem to your satisfaction.

The GM even went to the extent to give my wife and me a $90.00 gift card to HESS gas station for our trouble. $33,000 vehicle, with in a month of ownership it has about $2,000 worth of problems (including parts and labor and gas to get to the dealership) Your trying to say, and those are your words, that you have paided for parts and labor. and all he can do is give me a $90.00 gift card. What is one to do in a situation like this?

To keep this honest and truthfull, YOU are just out, the gas and your time, to return the vehicle to the dealership for problem's to be fixed. Very very few vehicle's are completely troublefree. 3000+ parts in your Edge to work troublefree for the warranty period.

To keep this honest and truthfull, YOU are just out, the gas and your time, to return the vehicle to the dealership for problem's to be fixed. Very very few vehicle's are completely troublefree. 3000+ parts in your Edge to work troublefree for the warranty period.

not once did i say i paid for the parts...if you would have read the post you have read "So the Sun roof issue is out there, just wanted to make sure it wasn't me. The dealer is fixing everything (still under warranty)". but thanks for your concern

• 1 month later...

I had a few problems with mine also, been to the the service more than 10 times in only 12.000KM:

• Alarm was coming on during rain.
  • Front windshield got scratched by the wiper blades
  • ABS/Traction light are on all the time

... just to name a few I remember! (You can search the rest under my name!)

But I still like the car, I have a very nice dealership so they always take care of everything fast, with a smile.

Edited by TheCanadian

My wife and I each purchased an EDGE.

I traded in a FreeStyle and she traded in her JEEP.

We purchased and SEL and SEL Plus. Both AWD with the Sunroof.

So far the SEL has no issues except for missing paint.

The SEL Plus has a bad valve tap when the engine first starts. Dealer claims it's normal. Paid $36K, I do not expect my new edge to sound like an old V8 with 100K+ miles.

Also, both Edges needed to be painted. Take a look at your EDGE rear lift gate on the top. Look behind the weather seal and in the inside of the rear lift gate door, both were missing paint at the top. Looks like FORD was trying to cut real close to save paint. Check with a few other EDGE owners and they were missing paint in the same spot. Also, getting picky here, but the SEL's engine compartment was completely painted in the body color, the SEL Plus has the whole engine compartment in green primer. Must be a MONDAY paint job.

Otherwise, no trouble. We both enjoy driving the EDGES. We were looking at two ACURA MDXs; I hope we did not make a bad decision. I agree with a previous post - I don't think FORD EXECs really care about the customer.

We'll see how the first year goes; if not good, I'll cut my loss and trade them in on MDXs and bid goodbye to FORDs.

Hey TwoEdges..

Did you buy them both at the same time and/or from the same dealer ?

If you and the wife are out at the same time park them side by side in the service drive through and start them up and have the advisor

(and your sales rep from the dealer) explain how its "normal" for one and not the other. Same engine right ?

I am going to go out and look at the engine bay and rear lift gate paint job. Company car and its gone in 2-3 years so I didn't look that closely at the paint. One thing I was impressed with was the quality of the paint job. No orange peel texture which is actually something I have begun noticing on lots of Mercedes. Surprised the Merc's have such a crappy paint job based on their cost and supposed reputation !

Let us know what they do about the two items.

Edited by CorporateEdge

MPEdge, thanks for this thread. I joined this community because I am real close to buying a Edge. I was in a similar situation with my Ranger. Every time I brought it in the dealer wrecked something else. At 26K, 11 tires, and three brake jobs, if it wasn’t that I own it free and clear I would torch it! Most people will not believe these horror stories till they live them. Due to my situation and all the others caused by this dealership, Ford revoked the operators dealership, they are now selling Kia’s. :yup: Ford is throwing cash at me to get me out of my truck so I was looking at the Edge, but if I’m heading down the same road again, I think I might be buying a highlander.