Reverse sensor error

Everytime I get in the car and put it in reverse I get a "Check Reverse Sensor" error message. The fuse is not blown and when I put my ear up to the sensors with the reverse lights on and all 4 of them having the ticking sound like they are fully functional. Any ideas what could be causing the message? I have an 07 SEL Plus.

• 10 months later...

I get the same error. 2011 Ford Edge Sport. Took it in under warranty and they removed and replaced all the sensors. That did not fix the issue. The sensors are fully functional except that there is no beeping when backing up. It is just an annoyance for me now and I'd be happy if I could just turn off the warning message. Let me know if you find anything.

• 3 weeks later...

From the service manual;

The parking aid system is enabled when the ignition switch is in the RUN position and the REVERSE ® gear is selected. The parking aid system is disabled if a fault is detected in 1 of the 4 sensors, the parking aid speaker, or the Parking Aid Module (PAM) . This is indicated by the parking aid disabled warning in the message center. The PAM is on the MS-CAN and can be diagnosed with a scan tool.