2011 edge se. 65k miles and I just replaced the rear brakes.

2011edgese

I had to because the driver side rear inner pad was at 1%.Yup.... You read right. One percent. The outer pad was about 40%. The ppassanger side rear pads were inner was 25% and outer was 40%. The pins were free flowing. There was a bit of brake dust and slight rust on both calipers. I cleaned the old grease and put new. Even cleaned the pins to make sure with a ruff pad to bring back the shine. I also rebent the clips some i reused them so they grip the pads and not squeek.What could cause this 1%? When I pushed the caliper pistons in, I had to twist them while I opened the bleeder. Then closed the bleeder. I don't think I have to bleed them right?

Also. . I just realized my ebrakes don't hold as good now. Where the adjustment? At the calipers where the cable pulls on it? I'm using ceramic pads.

I uploaded the pic. One pad was the thickest on the other side. But the thinnest was the driver side inner pad. Just let me know what you all think. This ain't normal. Have these edges had rear brake issues? I know that the 2010 and under had smaller disks due to ppl complaining about brakes wearing fat.

post-26104-0-08596500-1392600266_thumb.jpg

Edited by 2011edgese

• 2 weeks later...

For some reason the rears wear faster than the front on these cars. Rear was relaced at 70K on mine and front at 90K. Don't know what the pad thickness was at replacement, but they were checked every 5K miles, so I would expect that the wear was pretty even. I don't have the car anymore or I could have checked the paperwork.

Thanks for the feedback. Doing some reading, that's pretty much what I came across. Pretty normal on these cars. And even the uneven wear can be considered some what normal. But in my car, very uneven. Lol. When I did twist the caliper to push it back to make room for the pad, it did glide back normally. But I did noticed a slight more resistant feel to it compared to the other side. Very slight thou. That might explain the wear. I did bleed the rear brakes and the fluid came out normal. A little on the slight dark side but not black like shine that I've changed. But now the brakes do feel so much better. And so far I haven't gotten my rims covered in brake dust like before. Both wheels have a very slight dust coating after a weeks of driving. Before the driver side would get coated with a nice thick layer or brake dust within 4 days of driving. So I think they are fine now.