question about the 2011 Ford heads at brake system

there's been a warranty extended . On the brake booster. I'm sure most people here have heard of it. I think mine is ok but I do have a question on how this brake system work cuz I've never had a car the doors this so I'll give you symptoms. On a uphill inclination as I Drive and come to a stop, release the brakes and the car does not roll back like most cars because of the uphill inclination. In which I find a genius if its supposed to do this. But this temporary break grab will only last about 5 seconds and eventually the car will roll back. So if I'm correct its been been designed sothe car does not roll back on up hills and give you a brief moment of time without having to quickly jump from break to guess. Is this how the system is supposed to work? I've noticed when are I'm in that particular situation and I let go of a break and if I tap the brakes 2 or 3 more times guess they get really hard like a bad brake booster but as soon as I give it gas they perfectly feel fine.are the symptoms normal?

I'll explain it in a nutshell again.

coming to a stop up hill and releasing break there is still brake pressure that does not allow the car throwback and give me time to hit the gas without any rollback.tapping the brakes 2 or 3 times while it's being held for the brake system by itself makes the brake pedal feel really hard. Are these all normal symptoms?

2011 edge se fwd

Edited by 2011edgese

You are describing the effect of the Hill Start Assist safety feature of your Edge.

I have attached two PDF documents that detail the operation of Hill Start Assist.

If you require more info on the Brake Booster Warranty Extension, it is discussed here...

http://www.fordedgeforum.com/topic/13888-13n02-extended-warranty-coverage-on-brake-booster/

Good luck!

Hill Start Assist - 2011 Ford Edge Owner Guide 3rd Ed.pdf

Hill Start Assist - 2011 Ford Edge Source Book.pdf