Bought a new '14 Edge!

fanboy

I picked up my 2014 Edge SEL AWD on Saturday. I've only got about 75 miles on it, but I am loving it so far! And I got to test it's snow driving on my way home and was more than satisfied. Pretty loaded for an SEL; package 205A, appearance package, voice activated nav, power liftgate, roof rack side rails, back-lit door sill and all weather mats. I traded my 2010 Flex Limited and while I may miss the extra cargo room eventually and some of the fancier options, this is much sportier and better fits my style. Looking forward to years of fun driving in my new Edge. Now to figure out some add-ons! First up will be tinting the front windows.

346DF9D9-58D8-4B48-86B8-16D1E3DC1F2A_zps

The purple stuff is in my iPhone camera, not on the car. ;)

Welcome to the community, and congrats on your new ride! Very nice looking with the appearance package. Tinting is a great idea! Particularly in combination with bright lighting (headlamps and reverse lamps).

If you don't have HIDs, upgrade to HID. Plastidip various shiny pieces if that's the route you want to go. Plastidipping wheels makes cleanup easier too. Replace the vertical DRLs with DTBL DRLs. Tons of things you can do.

Hi, looks great!! glad to hear your Edge moves good in the Snow. I get to pick up my new Edge tomorrow.

We just got a ton of snow here in NW Indiana too.

I also have a Lifted Wrangler if things get too crazy , which this winter has been..

I think the first thing I am going to do is tint my front windows too. probably 35% ( I have 20% on my Jeep, and its a little dark )

Congrats on the purchase Roxbury! Wow, wish I could go 35% on the windows. MN law is 50%.

I'll have to look into the HID upgrades. Is it an easy DIY project or do I need the dealership involved?

I found black Ford emblems on eBay and will likely purchase a set eventually.

The next easy fix (hopefully) will be plasti dip the chrome piece above the grille and lights. I need all black!

• 3 weeks later...