2008 MKX versus Edge?

cruzer

Just curious; I am buying either an MKX or an Edge this coming spring, and I would really like an opinion from someone regarding the value in buying the MKX over the Edge. Is it worth the extra money? Is it that much quieter? Thanks for any input!

I've been looking at both vehicles for some time now and have driven both the Edge and MKX many times. The MKX rides smooth and is quiet while the Edge seems to have a firmer ride and road noise is more noticable. I just drove an 2008 MKX with the 20" wheels and sprt suspension and it feels more like the Edge. This is a good question though as I am asking the same thing. The were extras on the MKX that are now offered with the 2008 Edge. If you are looking for a more luxurious ride and feel then the MKX is really nice. Other than having a smoother and more quiet ride the only extra on the MKX is Homelink and air conditioned seats which I don't think are available for the Edge. Each have their own design features like the grille and tailights so I guess it depends on which one you like best. The interior on the MKX is a lttle bit nicer also. This is just my opinion as both are really nice vehicles.

I've been looking at both vehicles for some time now and have driven both the Edge and MKX many times. The MKX rides smooth and is quiet while the Edge seems to have a firmer ride and road noise is more noticable. I just drove an 2008 MKX with the 20" wheels and sprt suspension and it feels more like the Edge. This is a good question though as I am asking the same thing. The were extras on the MKX that are now offered with the 2008 Edge. If you are looking for a more luxurious ride and feel then the MKX is really nice. Other than having a smoother and more quiet ride the only extra on the MKX is Homelink and air conditioned seats which I don't think are available for the Edge. Each have their own design features like the grille and tailights so I guess it depends on which one you like best. The interior on the MKX is a lttle bit nicer also. This is just my opinion as both are really nice vehicles.

Helpful observations. Thank you. Another issue that is hindering my decision is the new parts and service warranty of the MKX. Would the MKX require servicing to the point that the extra warranty paid for itself? I DO like the idea of free maintenance for 5 years (or is it 4?).

Either which way, I was not disappointed in the EDGE FWD SEL that I drove in terms of ride, so if I get the MKX with AWD and 20" wheels I should not be disappointed either...

The road noise and the improved sound system are a bonus too. I like the MKX's Nav position better as wel. Just can't decide if it is worth the extra $10,000 (in Canada)

The problem where I live is lack of available models to test drive! They are going too fast!

Edited by cruzer

You forgot adaptive headlamps and THX II.

Other than having a smoother and more quiet ride the only extra on the MKX is Homelink and air conditioned seats which I don't think are available for the Edge.

Homelink is standard on the 2008 Edge Limited. The power rear hatch is now availbale on the 2008 Edge as well. The MKX has, from what I can see, the following additional features/options not available on the Edge. More power seat adjustments (10 vs 6), cooled seats, THX stereo, adaptive headlights, rear heated seats, different front end, different rear end, black rear spoiler regardless of car color, limited options for several colors that have more bling, more sound insulation and slightly softer ride, different dash with real wood trim.

Edited by Hardhawk