Vinyl film Recommendations? Plasti-Dip?

Hello! I am hoping for advise please on vinyl film to black out the top grill chrome on a 13 edge sport please?

I saw this on Amazon, but I have not done this before:

http://www.amazon.com/3M-GLOSS-Metallic-Scotchprint-Series/dp/B007EEXIXG/ref=sr_1_sc_1?s=automotive&ie=UTF8&qid=1397783073&sr=1-1-spell&keywords=Scotch+print+3m+1080+black+metallic

Is it possible to have a middle cut in the strip if the 5ft length does not fit or similar? What tools what I need please?

Also, is 'Plasti-Dip' just a spray on to use over the front Ford emblem please?

If anyone has advice on led's to encircle the front headlights that would be awesome too!

Any advice is really appreciated!

Apologizes for being the newbie, but thanks a ton!

If you have been looking around, that means you might have finally done a search. There are several good posts about how people have covered not only the chrome strip you want to, but also the chrome grill on the Limited and other models.

Look under the different topics(Llights, Mods, etc) and you will find all kinds of discussions about things you have asked. Just click on the main topic heading to open all of the other posts in that category.

I do see a lot of comments, but I have one question please

Can anyone advise please on when doing the one chrome grill on the front of an edge sport would look better in vinyl or plasti-dip please?

If I use plasti-dip can I gloss it to match the rest of the grill? Advice on gloss possibly please?

Apologies for newbie questions! Thanks a ton.

Edited by Cabdog47

It is going to be up to your taste in the end. I have had vinyl and PD and I prefer the PD because it gives me a matte finish, peels off, and is cheap. You could always get it painted and finished.

But yeah, use the google search bar at the top left of every page on this site and you will get much better results in finding your answer here. Lots of threads.

My grill is currently PD'd.