The "Other" Edge Site Down

MHOsborn

I popped in over there yesterday or the day before (for the first time in a while)

They were up and it looked like the spam had been cleared out.

... never mind. It's the other other Edge site I revisited.

Not much going on there.

This is definitely the best Edge forum site!

It has its requisite troll but the mods stay on top of it and delete the altercations pretty quickly.

Overall there are nothing but great people here. Wish we could get more Edge owners involved though.

Here's to THE Ford Edge Forum! :beerchug:

+ 1 !

I checked out your gallery ... how much did the springs lower your edge? (apologies if the question has been asked before).

No problem. There are several threads in which we discuss the springs in the 'Accessories and Modifications' section.

The approximate lowering, from the H&R information, is 1.5" Rear and 1.75" Front.

The change in look is, imho, perfect for the vehicle's style and HUGE in terms of handling.

They start off a bit stiff but do break in. I'm absolutely 100% happy with the springs!!! :shades:

I should really look at my own gallery.

I've posted more pictures in threads as attachments than I've uploaded to the gallery.

Maybe too many...? Nah! I LOVE my Edge! ;)

Maybe too many...? Nah! I LOVE my Edge! ;)

hey, either you're up really late, or your a west coaster?

i have another question - when you got the new tires, how much did the tread width increase?

Ford advertises the Edge as a sporty crossover, i suppose compared to others in its class. But you're right about the handling. it feels a little top heavy when taking a brisk corner.

We had brief little issue with a transmission clunk upshifting slowly from a dead stop, but it was only for a couple days and hasn't occurred again. Other than that, our Edge has been absolutely great.

hey, either you're up really late, or your a west coaster?

i have another question - when you got the new tires, how much did the tread width increase?

Ford advertises the Edge as a sporty crossover, i suppose compared to others in its class. But you're right about the handling. it feels a little top heavy when taking a brisk corner.

We had brief little issue with a transmission clunk upshifting slowly from a dead stop, but it was only for a couple days and hasn't occurred again. Other than that, our Edge has been absolutely great.

Yeah, I'm up late tonight.

East coast. 12:30AM atm.

I've only felt a shifting clunkiness once - when creeping up to a long lined stop sign one day by a train crossing.

Under 10mph stop and go. I mentioned it to the service manager but he hadn't heard.

That situation is so unusual that I've not felt it since and am not too worried.

Tire width for the factory 245/60R18 are, of course, 245mm. That comes out to 9.65" (roughly)

I went with a 275/45R20 to go with my wheels.

Factory 18" wheels are 7.5" wide. I bought a set at 20x8.5"

As 1mm = 0.0393700787" (Google is my hero) the addition of 30mm roughly equals an additional 1.18" of tread width. (for a total tread width of approximately 10.85" [10.826...]) ... which came out about right.

BTW, lotsa pics after the new wheels and tires HERE

Edited by scoopo