Bluetooth disconnecting with text message

I posted this on the Sync forum but so far no replies, maybe one of the Ford folks here could help out.

Background:

Purchased 2011 Lincoln MKX about a month ago. It is loaded, lighting package, Nav...

Problem:

Phone pairs and I can play audio, listen to music and listen to text messages with no issue. The trouble comes when you try to reply to a text message the phone disconnects and often fails to re-connect without manually re-connecting it. We discovered this while on a longer trip (roughly 3 hour trip). I got a text, listened to it then said to the wife "please send this back". I dictated a message, she hit send and the screen came up with "Disconnecting...". The first time it re-connected after about 2-3 minutes. Another text received and she replied again. Again causing the disconnection. This pattern continued for 4 cycles until the phone did not re-connect by itself.

When we got where we were going I unpaired and re-paired the phone, rebooting the phone in the process. Return ride home the system did the same thing. We paired her phone to my Sync and it did the same thing. Arrived at home and paired one of the kids I-phones and it did the same thing.

Phones tried:

LG G2

Droid Maxx

Droid 4

Iphone 5

I have already expressed my disgust with this system in another thread so I will leave that part out.

Any thoughts/help?

I can confirm & has been discussed in other threads & forums as well: iphone will NOT send texts but can received. To send you need 1 press of the home button (on phone)to activate Siri- & then smooth process. It is actually better with no unwanted Ford signatures forced attached.

Others have talked about the Android equivalent as an option as well for sending.

Other phones- many have had issue with sending.

Some errors are that it does not reply to the incoming number- but rather sync looks to address book & grabs 1st number of contact- which may not be the correct one that was used as the incoming number. See cartilelege01 postings in sync my ride forum for more on that issue.

Edited by drpepper

When you're trying to reply to the text, are you doing so from the phone or MLT, and which phone is the one you use the most? The Droid 4 is not compatible with texting, and the iPhone 5 can only receive texts. I have the LG G2 and am able to send and receive texts, but I'll try to reproduce the issue you're having. The Droid Maxx should also fully work with this feature. In case you'd like to take a look, here's the link to our compatibility chart:

http://support.lincoln.com/sync-technology/device-compatibility-sync

Rebecca