Ordered 2008 Edge yesterday

Many thanks to this forum for assisting in the decision to purchase an '08 Edge.

So here is what we purchased..

SEL AWD

Dark Ink Blue/Black Leather Interior

Premium Package

Pana Roof (BAMR)

Audiophile Radio with Navigation

Sync (of course!!)

18" painted wheels (because both my wife a I hated the "chrome" 18s & 20s...looks a little sportier w/o the "chrome" wheels.

Not sure on delivery time...dealer suggested the Limited model based on the pricing...but just couldn't go with the chrome accents on the Limited Version...my suggestion to Ford is in '09...get thinking about making this a little more "sporty". Go Jim Farley!!!!!

I'll provide feedback as I get it...

Dealer will confirm options by sending me the DORA...then it's just the waiting came.

My wife did test drive an '08 Edge on the lot before purchase...she really likes this much better than the Explorer... We still have our 2004 Explorer EB V8 purchase new.. thought that may be of interest to the potential edge buyers out there...

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
Per DORA sent to me by my local dealer last Wednesday: only partial Vin # assisgned

Update from Monday morning discussion with local dealer:

As of 11/9 update from FORD:

unscheduled

No material issues based on vehicle with options

Just thought to give you an update.

Per Tracking done @ Blue Oval Forum...which was great experience I might add!!! details were dead on....

So the Edge arrived on Monday of this week and we picked it up last night...

So far very pleased. ...came in just like we expected..very pleasurable purchase.

We haven't tested all the features yet...to cold the last few days to be outside fooling around...single digits @night.

If anyone is interested in any photos of an SEL in Dark Ink with painted 18's let me know.

I'll provide an update in a couple days comparing the this vehicle to our 2004 Explorer EB V8 which we still have.