2010 limited questions?????

f150bft

We just traded our '06 Five Hundred Limited for the '10 Edge Limited and seem to be missing some stuff.... Our Five Hundred had adjustable pedals and a "cancel button" on the steering wheel for the cruise. It also had an oil life monitor that I really do miss. The Edge seems to be more sophisticated in other areas but lacking in these areas. Why would it not have an oil life monitor? The cancel button on the cruise was just the other side of the "resume" button and I liked having it. The adjustable pedals I didn't care for either way. Also I thought I had read that the 2010 Edge Limited had 20" wheels and mine has the 18" wheels....they are the chrome ones. Any thoughts or input on this stuff? The dealer told my wife when she took it in for an oil change that this car has the base model computer and the higher end ones had the better computer with the oil life monitor. Well this is the Limited model so I am thinking that it should be the "higher end model" Is this guy pulling my chain or is there any truth to what he has told my wife? Thanks for any and all thoughts on this stuff.

I know that my 2013 Limited had the 18" chrome plated as the standard wheel. The 20" ones were an option that cost right around $1000.00 Your model for 2010 may have been the same way.

Not sure about your cruise control on the steering wheel, but mine has an on and off button.

If you don't have the owner's manual, maintenance manual, etc, here is a link for the on line manuals provided by Ford for your 2010 model.

http://owner.ford.com/servlet/ContentServer?pagename=Owner/Page/OwnerGuidePage&year=2010&make=Ford&model=Edge

Edited by ls973800

Ours is a 2010 Limited as well. We bought it used about 2 years ago. Our 1999 Ford "Exploder" was a limited and had some fantastic bells and whistles that this lacks. For one, the oil change reminder is one that I miss. It doesn't come with any of the 2010 models so that's hogwash. I thoroughly researched that before we bought it. The 20' tires was an upgrade not standard on the 2010 Limited Edge. We have them but I have heard the 18' are a better ride. As for the cancel for cruise control, OFF and ON are used on the steering column to engage the cruise control and turn it off. We don't have the computer "screen" on ours for which I am most thankful because there were too many issues with that from what I researched. Still, I love this vehicle although I'd have preferred the new Explorer but our budget would not allow for that....THIS time. Congratulations on your purchase! I think you will be pleased. We have the BAMR, too and love how it makes the Edge feel even more roomy.

You have to understand that the Five Hundred and Edge are 2 different platforms so they will have different features. I don't believe the 07-10 Edges had an oil life monitor, but if it did it would have just been a mileage counter. Just go by the odometer and change it when the OM says to change it.

You can cancel the cruise control by tapping the brakes. Or hit off, then on again.

Don't go by what anyone tells you - read the owner's manual. You can get an online version at www.motorcraftservice.com.

Thanks for the replies. My wife drives this car all the time as she did in the 500. I very seldom get to drive it unless we take a trip. She was great at getting the oil changed when the 500 told her too. It will be a bit of an adjustment for her to go by the mileage.

The cruise cancel button was just a great perk on the 500. You could cancel the cruise without tapping the brake and and then resume without having to reset the speed. It was just handy and I was glad to see that Ford had finally did that. Now its gone again.... must have been a costly item. Does anything have the adjustable pedals now? I had thought that was a bit silly anyway.

I do like the Edge and It surer is easier to park than the 500 was. I know my wife struggled parking the 500. Before the 500 she drove a 98 "Exploder" which we handed down to my son, and she loved that truck. The edge reminds me, the way it sits of the Explorer.

Fuel mileage is not quite what I was hoping for. She is getting around 20-21 mpg in my area (north east TN). The 500, which is a bigger car, got much better.

Great forum and lots of info here. I am sure I will have more questions.

You will never get the same mileage out of a brick like the Edge vs. a sleek sedan. It's just aerodynamics.

Cancel is handy and it still exists on other vehicles. Ford has not done a good job of standardizing those things across vehicle lines. They are moving that way though.

I haven't seen adjustable pedals on any new vehicles so I guess they've given up on that. With adjustable steering columns it's not as important for short drivers.

On the oil changes - just figure out how many miles she drives per month and then change the oil every 6 months (or 4 months or 8 months or 12 months - whatever matches the recommendation). 6 months is easy to remember.

Edited by akirby