Well something sure happened!

Vortechtral

Well, maybe its the tranny, maybe its the diff either way its something! So even after the service to replace my faulty power steering hose. They "washed" the under carriage the propane smell is still VERY present and if anything stronger. When we got home last night from work we almost smelt a tar smell. The sounds were louder as well. Left for work today nothing new. Same whining sounds but according to Ford everything was fixed. Had to stop at a train crossing this morning due to a train. Got to a red light in town and the vehicle stuttered rather violently to a halt. Took a bit of power to get it to move as well. Good thing Ford was a block away from that red light! Opened the windows there was a noticeable and very loud grinding sound.

So like KC said, it very well might be my front diff! In the shop right now, I hope to hear back from them soon to know the damage. Good thing she's still under warranty!

Ford phoned back, said it was the PTU. No idea if that was what's causing such a strong propane smell. Wont know till tomorrow when I can pick it up. At least they will give me a loaner so I wont miss another day of work. I hope that's the last thing that goes wrong with my vehicle, this is starting to get very annoying.

• 2 months later...