New 2012 Edge Sport Owner + Looking to mod, need help

rocketace1

Here is the new addition - a "FORD EDGE" hood ornament. Saw one online and thought it gave the front a slight "edgy" look, and could fill in the blank space at the front of the swoopy hood. Afterall, Ford thought it nice to include the hood badge on the Explorer Sport, so why not have one for the Edge Sport, right? Ford even has it on the FLEX, go figure!!! The hood badge makes the car stand out a wee bit more... IMO. Love it. BTW, it came in chrome, so I plasti-dipped itto match the blacked out front on the Edge.

Seeing it in picture made me realize the alignment of the EDGE portion needs a bit of work. Will get to it later tonight...

So what do you guys think? Does anyone have this on theirs? I haven't seen one here yet, but then I haven't looked hard enough.

post-31166-0-52666400-1408390802_thumb.jpg

post-31166-0-12744500-1408390811_thumb.jpg

Edited by rocketace1

Here is the new addition - a "FORD EDGE" hood ornament. Saw one online and thought it gave the front a slight "edgy" look, and could fill in the blank space at the front of the swoopy hood. Afterall, Ford thought it nice to include the hood badge on the Explorer Sport, so why not have one for the Edge Sport, right? Ford even has it on the FLEX, go figure!!! The hood badge makes the car stand out a wee bit more... IMO. Love it. BTW, it came in chrome, so I plasti-dipped itto match the blacked out front on the Edge.

Seeing it in picture made me realize the alignment of the EDGE portion needs a bit of work. Will get to it later tonight...

So what do you guys think? Does anyone have this on theirs? I haven't seen one here yet, but then I haven't looked hard enough.

Good job with coming up with it but the edge part doesnt look straight.

Not too enamored with it, would leave it to the Land Rovers. If anything, I would have it paint-matched to the hood so it doesn't stand out quite so much.

I hear ya... but I am keeping the hood badge... Oh yes. I love it cos it adds more xter to the car and that's always good. The Explorer has it, the FLEX has it, RR has it, even Jeep has it... Quite a few really nice vehicles have it and it looks great on these cars. Maybe I tone down the color a tad...But I am keeping mine. Gives the car a spunkier look when compared to factory... see for yourself...

http://green-turn-bulb.jpg

http://Hood-6.jpg

Although not a fan of chrome, I took off the plasti-dip on the hood emblem and, guess what, the chrome is actually not bad at all, surprisingly still has a good contrast with the white color... Now gotta figure out keeping my rear badges plasti-dipped or revert back to factory chrome... arghhhhhh.....

http://chrome-hood-badge.jpg

• Like 1

Get some plasti dip smoke for the chrome emblems with the ford logo it will actually black the blue and dark gray the chrome, depending on how many layers.

either that or get pearl white cut out for the ford logos and overlay..

Plasti-dip smoke is exactly what I'd need... cos I really want to change out the blue oval.... so thanks for the suggestion.