Visor installed Homelink system for the 2007 Edge/ MKX

• 6 months later...
One thing I did 2 days after I got my MKX was, I started pulling on the seat belt warning tag on the visor, (Despise the look of them) and I had about 1 inch of the corner off the fabric, and saw how it looked like I was making a worse mess. Well that isn't a sticky adhesive. I couldn't put it back up. So it HAD to come off. Ripppppppppppp and off it went. Now I was left with some white sticking to the fabric. Turns out it's an iron-on.

Luckily goo-gone and a lot of rubbing cleaned everything off/up. Now I'm eyeing the passenger side, but I want a professional heat-gun to use on it to see if that softens it up, before I rippppppppp that one off.

Just a FYI, 1 year later, I've was able to borrow a digital heat gun from someone I know. I set the temp to 340 degrees and started directing the heat on both visor's where that seatbelt warning sticker is located. The hardest part was getting an edge to begin to peal away. Once I got about 1/8 of an inch sticking down, I could grab it with 2 fingernails and it pulled away very nicely. Then it became a piece of cake to pull the sticker off. No residue was left on the fabric. And their has been no discoloration from heat. It never felt hot to the touch anyways.

I then went to my old '00 Explorer and tried to do one of those. That was paint applied to the fabric. Not a good idea on that.