Nav not recognizing my location

Purchased 2012 edge sport...

Navigation shows the truck sitting at the dealer... but I am 85 miles away (first time attempting to use the nav feature. Using the sd card/

How to I adjust nav so it shows my car sitting in the driveway?

Have reset a couple of times... reinserted sd card... but the arrow, with the white circle flashing) shows it sitting at the dealer.

I've pored over the posts in the forum... nothing short of going to the stealer. I've read removing fuses 67 and 69... or even disconnecting the basttery might force it to recognize my location... so I then can plan a route from wherever my car is at.

Help?

Thank you.

Jim

Edited by jimnkirstin

Perfect. Disconnected... connected negative... ~20 mins...

maintained radio presents and just about everything else...

gps now recognizes me in my driveway.

Cheers!

PS I have had zero problems with sync (maybe for some users it should be STYNC?) since owning this car two weeks, with the exception of the now corrected gps.

Edited by jimnkirstin

• 2 months later...

We are also having problems with the 2014 Edge Navigation - when we were in Great Falls recently, the navigation showed us (the vehicle) on the north side of the Missouri River while we were actually on the south side of the river. This has happened several times - the actual location of the vehicle is a block or two away from what shows up on the map! This weekend we were cruising down the highway and suddenly the map has us out in a farmer's field (this is not a new highway!!) and Nav is telling us to turn on Hwy XXX. This would be very scary if we were in an unfamiliar location. We are now using our old Garmin to get us where we want to go!!

• 8 months later...

We are also having problems with the 2014 Edge Navigation - when we were in Great Falls recently, the navigation showed us (the vehicle) on the north side of the Missouri River while we were actually on the south side of the river. This has happened several times - the actual location of the vehicle is a block or two away from what shows up on the map! This weekend we were cruising down the highway and suddenly the map has us out in a farmer's field (this is not a new highway!!) and Nav is telling us to turn on Hwy XXX. This would be very scary if we were in an unfamiliar location. We are now using our old Garmin to get us where we want to go!!

Hey mersheil,

Did you ever have this issue come up again or ever take it in to get a reason for this to happen? I have been having this issue on a regular basis a few times per week. It usually corrects itself after 2-3 miles of driving, but that doesnt' help me if I am in an area that I am not familiar with. I usually pull the SD card out and put it back in and that seems to help too but it does take some time to reset.

Thanks for the insight