Odd door lock issue

Malkavian

Had an odd thing happen today. I went to the convenience store and when I got out of the car and was walking away I hit the lock button on the key and I didn't hear the door lock. I was only about 5 feet away and should have. So I hit it again thinking, "OK I just missed it." This should have activated the horn. It didn't.

I walked back to the car and my doors were unlocked. I got back into the car because I didn't want to leave it unlocked, not the best neighborhood, and tried the door lock button on the door. The car door locked. I then unlocked the door and it worked fine. I tried the key button while in the car and I had to hold the button for a few seconds and it would work. Same with unlocking.

So I got out of the car and held the button down a little longer while outside and the doors locked. I did my transaction and came back out. Hit the unlock and the drivers door opened right up. Hit is again to open the back doors and nothing, and it was within the 3 seconds. I went ahead and drove home.

When I got home I tried the door locks again and they worked fine. Locked, unlocked, horn sounds, the hole nine yards. My first thought is that maybe the battery in the key is getting weak. I asked my partner who has the other key if he had had the same problem. He also had the same problem a few days ago, but again it seemed to fix itself.

I know if I take this to the dealership they are going to find nothing wrong and they will work just fine, happens all the time.

Has anyone else experienced this issue?

Thanks

Michael