Seeking advice on inspecting a used 2013 SEL

brettbolt

Hello,

First post here. Last night my wife test drove a 2013 Edge SEL. She likes it and plans to buy it, pending my inspection during daylight tomorrow (Wednesday).

I really like it too, but I want to make sure I check it out as much as possible before we sign the purchase agreement.

What should I look for?

I did read another thread here about checking the build date, battery and the panoramic roof motor. Anything else?

Thanks,

Brett

Thanks. Its just two wheel drive so the PTU is not an issue, and the doors are all good. We took delivery this afternoon!!!

Very happy with it so far.

We need to obtain and install a receiver hitch for towing light loads. Any recommendations? I did see one that had a 'Curt' brand receiver.

Also, sure wish I could upgrade it to NAV. Its got the 8 inch touch screen.

Edited by brettbolt

Thanks. Its just two wheel drive so the PTU is not an issue, and the doors are all good. We took delivery this afternoon!!!

Very happy with it so far.

We need to obtain and install a receiver hitch for towing light loads. Any recommendations? I did see one that had a 'Curt' brand receiver.

Also, sure wish I could upgrade it to NAV. Its got the 8 inch touch screen.

Does it say Info in the upper right or insert Nav card?

Brett,

Congratulations. Sorry for the late response, but have them pull the OASIS report on the vehicle. It is Ford's repair work history of the car.

Ford has a tow package they offered on these cars that came with a transmission cooler, or maybe a larger transmission cooler. Maybe it's possible to retrofit the tow package cooler on to a non-tow package transmission, it may be worth it if you're planning to tow at weight limit or frequently.

Have fun in your new car!

Does it say Info in the upper right or insert Nav card?

It says 'Information'.

Also, when I scroll down through the Sirius channel list, it locks up (says 'Retreiving Information') and I can't scroll anymore.

Is it possible for me to check to see which 'MyFord Touch' software verision I have?