Should I be worried?

Lunareclipse02

I just bought a 2013 Ford Edge SE, it has the 17" alloy wheels with the Hankook tires. The car is gently used with 14k when I purchased it. I just noticed today that one of the tires is not a Hankook but a BF Goodwrench tire. Should I be concerned on the one off brand tire compared to the rest. Did the previous owner have a issue with that tire and went to a tire shop besides Ford and just installed what they had. So I got worried and looked for any body or frame damage to the car to see if Carfax lied to me and so with the Ford dealer. But from what I can see everything looks 100%. Or am I just getting excited for nothing

Same size tire? Compare the reviews on www.tirerack.com to view performance characteristics. As long as the performance is not significantly different and your driving style is not aggressive, you should be OK. Might be more of an issue if you had AWD and were on snow/ice/muddy travel lanes.

I'd press for a tire replacement paid for by the dealer, but they might say the deal they made took that "issue" into consideration.

I wouldn't be too worried...probably just the previous owner trying to be cheap. They probably had a blow out and put the cheapest thing on they could find just to be able to turn it in. If you are really worried I would check out Tirerack.com to see if they carry the Hankooks. If so and you have a lot of tread left on them it might be worth asking them about shaving a tire for you. I had a tire with a hole in the sidewall a few years back on my Audi. With that car the rolling diameter has to be very close so replacing it with a new one would be detrimental to the differentials. I think it was TR that offered a service to have the tire shaved to match the other tires tread depth. In the end I opted to get four new tires because the price for the tire shaved was about the price of two tires...since they had less than half their tread I didn't think it was worth it.