Zune Gen 2.0 and Sync. Anyone have a report?

So MS just relesed their 2nd gen Zune MP3 player this past week, and I understand the software has been updated as well.

I wanted to see if anyone can report thier initial findings with the 2nd Gen Zune player and SYNC: Are there issues? Does it work better/wore than the original Gen 1 player?

So MS just relesed their 2nd gen Zune MP3 player this past week, and I understand the software has been updated as well.

I wanted to see if anyone can report thier initial findings with the 2nd Gen Zune player and SYNC: Are there issues? Does it work better/wore than the original Gen 1 player?

Hello Jaysonol,

You should expect the second generation Zune device to work with your SYNC much like the first generation. You may notice some performance improvements on SYNC like shorter times between track changes, but the SYNC functionality will be quite similar.

I hope you found this information helpful.

Hello Jaysonol,

You should expect the second generation Zune device to work with your SYNC much like the first generation. You may notice some performance improvements on SYNC like shorter times between track changes, but the SYNC functionality will be quite similar.

I hope you found this information helpful.

Well Marcus, not to sound ungrateful (sounds promising), however, anyone who doesn't work for Microsoft have a report on the second gen Zune?

We all know how Microsoft also praises Vista and what the user community thinks of it...... :wacko:

• 4 months later...

I have a 2nd edition 80gb Zune. I have it connect via USB to my 08' Edge with Navi and it works great. The only thing I have had problems with, and im pretty sure its an issue with Sync, is the play similar feature. I have over 60gb with of music and when I did a play similar after listening to Jay Z it pulled up a single Mariah Carey song and could not find anything else. I thought it was really strange.