Edge Ecoboost Engine Mods

robertlane

• 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...

I just watched a show called Gearz on Speed tv. The subject was improving the Ford Ecoboost. They were refering to the F150 six Ecoboost. A company called AirRaid makes a cold air induction package with a K&N type filter, airbox, and, new plumbing from the airbox to the air meter. Additionally, a company called Heartthrob Exhaust makes a new 4 inch exhaust system that replaces the original system. These two items are claiming increases in HP, Torque, and milage if used. There is also an ECM digital tuner out there that also makes the same claims. The show claims that Ford did a good job with all of the Ecoboost technology, but appears to have stopped short by not allowing the engine to breathe as much as it should. I don't know how much of this is true.

I just watched a show called Gearz on Speed tv. The subject was improving the Ford Ecoboost. They were refering to the F150 six Ecoboost. A company called AirRaid makes a cold air induction package with a K&N type filter, airbox, and, new plumbing from the airbox to the air meter. Additionally, a company called Heartthrob Exhaust makes a new 4 inch exhaust system that replaces the original system. These two items are claiming increases in HP, Torque, and milage if used. There is also an ECM digital tuner out there that also makes the same claims. The show claims that Ford did a good job with all of the Ecoboost technology, but appears to have stopped short by not allowing the engine to breathe as much as it should. I don't know how much of this is true.

If you're going to install a cold air kit, make sure it comes with a new tune.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...