Toyota TRD Tranny problems at 70,000 miles

sengland

My son has a 2000 Toyota Tacoma SR5 with a Toyota Racing Development installed Supercharger on it. I came from Anaheim CA where I guess the TRD Factory/workshop is. The tranny doesn't want to engage when you put it in drive. Reverse is fine but Drive causes a Flare condition.

I drove it myself and could not help but notice what a TeRD it really is. Very tin like look and feel, not at all powerful, thin doors, NOISY as heck and a Tranny Problem at 70K. My son is very much like me, he follows the Maint Schedule to the TEE and takes excellent care of his Automobiles.

I must say I am shocked that the Toughest Built Truck in the World has a Failure, and has an excellent Maint Record.

I guess Toyota Isn't That Great After All!!!!

I have put well into the 200,000 mile range on all my F150's and never had any major issue with any of them.

Well I guess Old Dad gets a Toyota Repair Bill for Christmas. Thanks Toyota, and Merry Christmas to you also!!!

My son has a 2000 Toyota Tacoma SR5 with a Toyota Racing Development installed Supercharger on it.

I must say I am shocked that the Toughest Built Truck in the World has a Failure, and has an excellent Maint Record.

I guess Toyota Isn't That Great After All!!!!

I have put well into the 200,000 mile range on all my F150's and never had any major issue with any of them.

Well I guess Old Dad gets a Toyota Repair Bill for Christmas. Thanks Toyota, and Merry Christmas to you also!!!

Why don't you just make like the Jolly Old Elf this Christmas, Give your son one of your F-150's, and you replace it with a nice '08 Edge or MKX for yourself. Sounds like a win-win to me. OR better yet, buy him one, because your just getting older and you want him to remember this great thing you did for him. And don't forget to say to your son, let that be a lesson to you.

Why don't you just make like the Jolly Old Elf this Christmas, Give your son one of your F-150's, and you replace it with a nice '08 Edge or MKX for yourself. Sounds like a win-win to me. OR better yet, buy him one, because your just getting older and you want him to remember this great thing you did for him. And don't forget to say to your son, let that be a lesson to you.

MKX I like that idea.........I am already calling Bill Greer Ford to get a quote on an 08 edge limited and give the kid mine. His decision to buy that Toyota was all his. I could say, I told you so but that is simply rude. He already knows he made a mistake. This Edge is getting the sync feature and the Tailgate Lift. And of course I want Blazing Copper Metallic again. I hope they offer that Color still.

Thanks MKX you read my mind. I wish i still had that Harley Edition F150. I've traded all four of those F150's off long ago. I'm down to 1 07 Edge and two Harley's. That Toyota sets in the street, I don't want it in my driveway.

SRE

Well, that's what you get for buying p.o.s. junk. No sympathy here!! Ford has been, and always will be the toughest truck in the known universe, despite any inflated claims from any other manufacturer!!

Whoa hold the train there big un. I didn't buy this Foreign made mistake, he did. I know Ford Trucks are the toughest and have many records from a fleet of Fords and Dodges to prove their maint was less over years of service. I wasn't asking for sympathy! I was just stating a fact. Toyota's claims don't hold water.

Course we could all help you on selecting what to get.

I have seen the prettiest F-150 4 door in the White Pearl, and matching wheels, looks like the best truck to me.

Depending on how you feel about wheels or options, I know you want the Copper, Go online to the ford site.

http://www.fordvehicles.com/crossovers/edge/allnew/

Build you one, then do an inventory search. Load it up I say, you can't get enough options on one.