Edge gets a 8 out of 10 fromUs News

The reliability always gets pulled down by the MyFord Touch system which I think is my favorite part of the vehicle.  My wife drives a 2009 Mercedes E-Class with the same large display with the same mapping, phone, and entertainment features.  But it's all controlled by buttons.  It takes twice as long to find anything drilling down through control layers via buttons and I think it's about three times as likely to cause you to have an accident from being distracted, but I haven't seen Consumer Reports slam them for it.  I've had that car for three years and still can't work my way through it while it took at most two weeks before I was comfortable with the Ford functionality.

• Like 2

The reliability always gets pulled down by the MyFord Touch system which I think is my favorite part of the vehicle.  My wife drives a 2009 Mercedes E-Class with the same large display with the same mapping, phone, and entertainment features.  But it's all controlled by buttons.  It takes twice as long to find anything drilling down through control layers via buttons and I think it's about three times as likely to cause you to have an accident from being distracted, but I haven't seen Consumer Reports slam them for it.  I've had that car for three years and still can't work my way through it while it took at most two weeks before I was comfortable with the Ford functionality.

You're correct about the MyFord Touch - it's the single most factor for Ford's low ratings in consumer reports and I read more owner complaints about it across all Ford sites, regardless of vehicle than any other.  

I had an Explorer with one in it and it seemed to operate OK for me.