Edge E.B. Owners

robertlane

I traded in a Honda Odyssey mini-van that I'd had for over 230,000 miles.  It was still running great, but I no longer needed the space, and I just didn't want to drive a mini-van anymore.

As far as my vehicle choice, I had downselected to either a Subaru Outback or an Edge.  I wanted a vehicle that was just big enough to carry a 15 foot canoe, and had a little higher seating position and ground clearance.  I finally ruled out the Subaru because there was only one local dealership and that was quite a distance away.  I like having service support available wherever I go and there always seems to be a Ford dealership nearby.  I drive about 20,000 miles a year, so the slight improvement in fuel efficiency from the Eco-boost made that attractive even with the increased price tag.  I did waver on the 3.5, but after I test drove both, I decided that I did not care for the way that the transmission shifted.  With the Ecoboost, the whole powertrain just seemed much more responsive and enjoyable.

I traded in a Honda Odyssey mini-van that I'd had for over 230,000 miles.  It was still running great, but I no longer needed the space, and I just didn't want to drive a mini-van anymore.

As far as my vehicle choice, I had downselected to either a Subaru Outback or an Edge.  I wanted a vehicle that was just big enough to carry a 15 foot canoe, and had a little higher seating position and ground clearance.  I finally ruled out the Subaru because there was only one local dealership and that was quite a distance away.  I like having service support available wherever I go and there always seems to be a Ford dealership nearby.  I drive about 20,000 miles a year, so the slight improvement in fuel efficiency from the Eco-boost made that attractive even with the increased price tag.  I did waver on the 3.5, but after I test drove both, I decided that I did not care for the way that the transmission shifted.  With the Ecoboost, the whole powertrain just seemed much more responsive and enjoyable.

I undertand the minivan world - I have one too.  I actually went looking at a Honda or Toyota, but found a Caravan that fit my bill - cheap. I've had it under one year and have a ton of miles on it without any problems.

I'm an EcoBoost nut, so I'd love to have an Edge with one next time around.