Waiting on my wife's '08 Limited to arrive

TL Kelly

My wife should take delivery of her red, 2008 Edge Limited this week or next. She wanted one with every available option except the premium interior with the two-tone seats with the red inserts. Our local dealer located one at a dealer just a few miles away which is due to arrive there this week.

This is the first American made vehicle we have even looked at in years. She currently has an Infiniti SUV and she was wanting something smaller and sportier. We looked at the new Infiniti SUV, the Accura RSX, BMW, Land Rover and Lexus but kept coming back to the Edge. It didn't have all the options some of these vehicles had but it had enough of the amenities we are used to that we just couldn't justify another $10k for for one of these other SUV's (or $6k for the MKX) just for a back-up camera or heated rear seats Besides, my wife is crazy about the panoramic roof and loves the looks of the Edge.

I believe Ford has hit a homerun with this one. I was able to afford the pricier SUV but the Edge looks so good and is so well equipped we just kept comparing everything else to it and it kept coming out on top.

My wife's 2008 Edge Limited came in last week. She loves it and I like it too. She got Creme Brulee with camel leather and did not want the BAMR because she did not like a black glass roof on a creme colored car. I wanted the roof but since it was not my car, she won. She came out of a GMC Envoy that she loved, but the Edge is a big hit so far with her. She only has 200 miles on it and is still figuring out all the systems and how to operate them. She gets looks and positive comments where ever she goes with the Edge.

• 1 month later...

I have ordered my 2008 Ford Edge SEL AWD and should have it by Tuesday at the latest. I chose the Redfire with the stone cloth interior. I am extremely excited about this one. I normally stick with GM, but when I test drove the Edge, I totally fell in love. I knew I wanted to get this vehicle, but actually driving it and seeing how well it rode sold me completely on it. I can't wait to get into my new Edge! :party2:

Edited by kinzey129