K&N INTAKE ON EBAY

JAR1299

Thanks for the link. The Edge will likely need a custom tuning program installed in order for the engine to run correctly with this type of intake.

What do you mean by "run correctly"? I've been running this intake for two months now without a single problem. K&N intakes are designed to be a "plug and play" install, requiring no other mods (including a new tune) to function correctly.

Edited by sixponies
  • Like 2

What do you mean by "run correctly"? I've been running this intake for two months now without a single problem. K&N intakes are designed to be a "plug and play" install, requiring no other mods to function correctly.

3 months with mine and absolutely no re-tune needed.....

Don't know if the intake has made any difference what so ever other than the fact that its significantly louder

Glad to here the K&N CAI works without a tune on the Edge. It has been a couple of years since I was looking into CAIs for my Edge SPORT with the 3.7L engine. Back then, there wasn't a true CAI system (not just a free flow filter) on the market that worked on this engine without causing hesitation, idling issues and check engine warning light. A custom tune was the only way to eliminate these problems back then.

I'm going to take a serious look at this K&N CAI. Thanks for the great topic.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...