Aftermarket emote Start -- What is needed??

I'm a slow reader and I'm sure that this is probably posted in here but I dont have the time to sit there and read every post ever made regarding remote starts.

I have a Python 487P 2-Way Alarm/Remote start that we had from a previous car of my wife's that I'd like to install in her 2011 Edge SEL. I've never installed a remote start before therefore would be looking for some guidance. Not to mention with an aftermarket alarm, I would need to know what I need exactly to install this thing...literally everything I'd need, material wise. Tools I can figure that out as I go. Could anyone help me out??

Thank you in advance!!

Unless someone has installed that particular specific alarm, I don't know how anyone would be able to tell you exactly how to do it. I did a quick Google search and found that that particular model (487) has been discontinued. I could not find any install instructions for it.

You may try contacting some of the sellers of this brand and see if they can help you. However, with the electronics in today's cars, I think you would be better off with a Ford alarm and remote start kit. They are pretty much plug and play, with the exception of maybe needing the dealer to do something with the VIN and the module to have it work. I know there are some sellers of the kit that will do the pre-programming so you don't have to visit the dealer.

You can check in the Vendor section on the forum where there is a Ford dealership parts seller. Benny sells at employee cost so you can check with him. Good luck with whatever you decide to do.

http://www.fordedgeforum.com/forum/56-levittown-ford-super-center/

• 2 weeks later...