Sync - Numbers missing from phonebook

Hi all,

Anyone have any experience with Sync missing phone numbers after downloading a phone book? I have both a AT&T 8525 and a Razr v3xx paired with Sync in my Edge and for each of the phones, I have some contacts that have certain numbers from the phones but not others (ie Sync shows a home and work number for someone, but not a mobile number even though the phone has it).

I've seen some MS folks on here. Anyone have any thoughts on how to troubleshoot this?

Thanks,

Brian

Hi all,

Anyone have any experience with Sync missing phone numbers after downloading a phone book? I have both a AT&T 8525 and a Razr v3xx paired with Sync in my Edge and for each of the phones, I have some contacts that have certain numbers from the phones but not others (ie Sync shows a home and work number for someone, but not a mobile number even though the phone has it).

I've seen some MS folks on here. Anyone have any thoughts on how to troubleshoot this?

Thanks,

Brian

Make sure none of the names are in all caps - Sync thinks that is an acronym. Only capitalize the first letter (or none).

OK. I've got more info.

It seems that the contacts in questions have multiple numbers that can be seen via the display, however, the voice recognition will not acknowledge that there is a mobile number associated with the contact even though the number in question is stored in Sync (it can be seen on the display) and is filed as a Mobile number on the cell phone.

Anyone else have any thoughts?

OK. I've got more info.

It seems that the contacts in questions have multiple numbers that can be seen via the display, however, the voice recognition will not acknowledge that there is a mobile number associated with the contact even though the number in question is stored in Sync (it can be seen on the display) and is filed as a Mobile number on the cell phone.

Anyone else have any thoughts?

How are you telling it to call? Are you saying "Call on mobile" or just "Call " and letting Sync prompt you for the right number?

How are you telling it to call? Are you saying "Call <name> on mobile" or just "Call <name>" and letting Sync prompt you for the right number?

Tried both ways. If I say "Call x on Mobile" it says mobile number not found, call on other?

If I say "Call Name" it says multiple numbers found, Call on Work or Home....no mention of mobile

Tried both ways. If I say "Call x on Mobile" it says mobile number not found, call on other?

If I say "Call Name" it says multiple numbers found, Call on Work or Home....no mention of mobile

Does it do this on all contacts with mobile numbers or only certain ones? Have you tried upgrading the phone's firmware?

My guess is the phone isn't passing the contact info for Mobile numbers the way Sync is expecting it, so it doesn't see it.