2013 Ford Edge SEL

Ted

I live in Canada, have a 2013 Ford Edge Sel purchased June 2012...presently have 15,748 KMS on it.

Vehicle is parked in underground...... temp presently is -12 celcius.....

Twice this week car wouldn't start and had to be boosted by CAA.....now at the dealers, dealer suggested that perhaps because of low mileage battery cannot hold charge.....battery was also replaced Jan 2013....

Have had many vehicles, never had this problem.......not impressed with FORD.....this is my first FORD since 1973.....never had this problem with GM........change vehicles every 3 yrs......

Any ideas or solutions?

Thanks

Two years ... low mileage ... short trips or basically in "storage" mode. A battery tender should be used in such situations because the driving cycle is insufficient to maintain proper charge in the battery. Unless it is a deep cycle battery, it CAN have a short life as a result. My 2 cents without knowing more about your particular situation.

• 1 month later...

Dealer found the problem, apparently right from the time the car was built, the "Battery Saver" was never turned to the ON position, and each time they changed the battery (twice) this feature was never turned to the ON position......hope this helps someone else that may have the problem.

• Like 1