no heat on driver side

I know this has been discussed before but I haven't found any fix for it. I have an 07 Edge without automatic climate control. With no heat on the driver side. It is an intermittent problem. It has been to the dealer 3 times for it and they have replaced the heater core the first time, heater box the second time, and flushed the coolant system the third time. We've owned it since the end of October and the dealer has had it a total of almost 6 weeks. They say they don't know what the problem is and what we are describing should be impossible unless it had the automatic climate control. It is below freezing here in Cincinnati and it is the family vehicle. If anybody could help it would be appreciated.

• 5 weeks later...

I have had a similar problem. Last year I had no heat but the fans were blowing cold air. I brought it under warranty to dealer and they flushed the system. It worked for the last couple of months before spring hit.

Then it happened again this year. I went back in and the dealer said the heater core would need to be replaced for $1800. I then decided to take it to a local auto shop I have used before.

The auto shop, after I advised them I believed it was an blend/accuator issue, they insisted it was the heater core, so I let them change the heater core.

Once I got the car back, I noticed the air flow was still poor on the drivers side, but I understand the design that the passenger side is first to receive flow and can get more etc..

Also within a few days the temperature of the heat dropped and then went away completely. Back to the same problem.

I took it back to the shop and they flushed the system again.. Again blaming my car saying there was a lot of debris that wasn't cleared.. My opinion is, why didn't they replace all parts of the system connected to the heater core and start fresh to avoid re clogging the heater core IF they didn't flush the system properly.

They then gave the car back to me and by the next morning, back to zero heat. Same problem. I dropped it off on Friday and they still are trying to figure out what the problem is.

I definitely still feel there's an accuator issue but they won't admit to it. I'm also concerned that my new heater core is now damaged or gunked up. I understand that the flushing procedure is about 26 pages long so I'm fearful my auto shop isn't fully aware.

Any ideas? Comments?

I