Voice NAV, Just like foreign travel Yelling and speaking slower DOESN"T Help!

I love my Edge, and like the MFT and most of it's features and find it easy to work, but the hands free, voice commands are non-intuative if you learned to speak english in the US the last 50 years. That and the Navigation library is very limited compared to my tiny stand-alone $150 Garmin.

It is all up to date, but can't find a lot of POI's by name, and sometimes it has a real problem finding street names too. It sometimes works better typing in your POI, but most times if it can't find in using voice, it isn't in the system.

When traveling with my wife, she looks up the address on her cell phone, then we try and enter the address using voice commands, kind of a PITA. If I'm alone, I have to stop and do the same. I do find it to work very well once you have the destination set, and setting by entering an address before you start driving is sometimes the only, not just the best way of setting it.

Does anyone else find the Ford Voice Activated Navigation lacking, or am I the only one?

I find voice commands work better if you speak at normal volume and quickly, rather than slowing down and speaking louder. There have been many complaints about the POI database and lack of other nav data updates. A new version 5 SD card is out for $130 if you want to upgrade but there are no promises about the accuracy of the data on it.