Steering Wheel noise

I have a 2013 Edge. 21k miles. it has developed a noise in the steering wheel. only happens when it is cold. as soon as the car warms up, it goes away. happens turning both left and right. seems to be from where the steering wheel connects to the column. Took it to Ford several times and they claim they don't hear anything. it is very annoying and I cant seem to find any info on the web about it. any ideas?

Our 1991 Ford Explorer has the same problem, when it's cold, there is a noise coming from the steering column when I turn it either way. Once the interior of the car warms up, then the noise goes away. So at this point I'm not going to do much about it, but if it persists once warmer weather arrives, you might want to revisit the dealer and see if they can locate the problem.

• 5 months later...

after 4 trips into the dealer, they finally pulled the stearing wheel. there are little metal springs holding the top and bottom plastic to the S.C. these were not adjusted right and were causing the rubbing. as the car got warm, the metal would stretch just enough to not come in contact. the rubbing left marks aroud the stearing wheel where in made contact.

• Like 2