HEADREST DVD

I am glad it worked out for you, hopefully I will be equally as satisfied. Add-ons are typically not discounted for X planners however, I know A plan does offer an incremental discount (very small) since I am one. Was the cost of the Sirius for a lifetime membership?

Your ride sounds very nice... thank you for the information.

FYI... heres the product.

Touch_Screen_Sell_Sheet__Audiovox_.pdf

I am glad it worked out for you, hopefully I will be equally as satisfied. Add-ons are typically not discounted for X planners however, I know A plan does offer an incremental discount (very small) since I am one. Was the cost of the Sirius for a lifetime membership?

Your ride sounds very nice... thank you for the information.

The price for Sirius was just for the tuner & to install it. No service at all. I factory ordered my car because at the time, I thought I didn't want nav & they couldn't find one with everything else I wanted. I forgot to ask for Sirius & by the time I woke up, the car was on its way to being shipped.

I have a feeling that the Audiovox units should be fine. The company has been in business a long time.

only problem i see with the touch screen is do you really want sticky little fingers pressing on a flat screen. There is a reason your hdtv at home isnt touch screen that is what remote controls are for. Just my $.02

Good point... I agree. We shall see how that works out. Perhaps I will have to reinforce the remote control rule only ;)

only problem i see with the touch screen is do you really want sticky little fingers pressing on a flat screen. There is a reason your hdtv at home isnt touch screen that is what remote controls are for. Just my $.02

I agree with you there. All of the cars I see at the dealers that have the protective film removed from the nav screen are covered with fingerprints. Touch screen technology seems to be growing though. Many of the higher end computers are trying to do away with the keyboard are are going touch screen. Same with iPods & cellphones.

Okay as mentioned in an earlier post I will give you my first impressions of the audiovox units installed on Friday.

The installers located in Warren MI were real professionals really knew there business, besides the fact that I was paying $1,395 for the whole job. Had a great chat with my 3 yr. old watching the geese at a nearby pond, while anxiously awaiting his new toy. We did not have time to get the operation instructions at the shop but had a great ride home to Canada watching the RV movie (my son that is). I read the instructions when getting home and found them totally logical and easy.

On Saturday I took a trip to Sarnia and had two different movies playing so both boys could enjoy their programs. I did not hear a peep the whole ride up. When I got to my buddies place he checked out the new toys and absolutely loved them. Totally awesome wants some for his 3 kids.

I am extremely happy with my purchase, although I must say after reading some posts there was a moment where I was a bit aprehensive about the audiovox units. Not anymore, I really think they are fantastic from the fit & finish of the actual headrest to the versatile funtionality of the units themselves.

In conclusion here are the things I find very beneficial for the value:

listen via wireless headphones or fm stereo tie in

operate via touch screen or remote controls

2 game paddles for built in games play individual or one another

USB PORT, AUX PORT, SD CARD SLOT

headphone jack (wired)

better than original headrest: bigger, perfect colour & material match, tilt back and forth seemlessly, feel more ergonomic than originals

DVD screens tilt 19 degrees total

hook up xbox or ps2

night mode and day mode like gps systems

easy operation

3 year warranty north america anywhere ie. travel to Florida call service and replace in Florida within 48 hours

I know this is a bit excessive but when I was in the market I did as much research as possible and I know this would have helped me. Knowledge is power... especially since its a fairly large cost that you have to feel good about.