HEADREST DVD

EDGE GMT, you need to do what I did...go to Wal-Mart and get the portables that strap to the headrest. I paid less than $200 for a pair (one player, 2 separate screens so they have to watch the same dvd). If you only need them occasionally, why spend that much money?!? At that rate, even the cheap ones should last you a few years.

EDGE GMT, you need to do what I did...go to Wal-Mart and get the portables that strap to the headrest. I paid less than $200 for a pair (one player, 2 separate screens so they have to watch the same dvd). If you only need them occasionally, why spend that much money?!? At that rate, even the cheap ones should last you a few years.

Damn.

Wish I said that.

Added benefit to those is that you can also move them to the front and watch a movie while your driving.

Added benefit to those is that you can also move them to the front and watch a movie while your driving.

I keep a small one resting on the steering column in front of the gauges. It's more interesting than what's going on ahead of me...

Ya'll know I'm just kidding, right?

Edited by carbonedge+

• 1 month later...

I was hoping someone that has gone this route might be able to answer a couple of my questions?

Is there a plug at the back of the center console for an aftermarket DVD player to plug into? or would one have to try and do a rewire?

Do the aftermarket portable DVD players that hook up to the back of headrests skip much? I had read the first ones out skipped quite often.

thanks in advance

look into these by XO Vision.... probably just what you want click here

model GX6103 is a replacement for the headrests in the car. can be wired into the cars system BUT NOT the nav/dvd system up front like the stock DVD system. wired in to just get power. looks almost stock for like $160 for the set. I have read good things about them and plan to do them as a future project. only 'issue' I can see is that they do not have the white stitching on the black ones (they also have like tan and gray I think), but I read elsewhere here they are not to bad a match.

160 at Walmarts

Edited by Lex Talionis

• 7 months later...
go to the Costco.com website and do a search for them. They have 8" screens and they'll install them. They're around $800.00 and you'll get the warranty.

I had a look on Costco.com but was not able to find any headrest DVD's available through them.

As for the cheapy DVD's one can purchase from Walmart or Target.... I have been there and done that. After going through 2 units priced at about $110 a piece I am now looking for a more permanent solution. Not to mention the hanging cables and noisey creaking and bouncing begins to grate on ones nerves.

So now I have been researching a good quality built-in that would match my charcoal with white stitch interior. As far as I can tell the Invision, Myron & Davis and Audiovox seem to be well thought by the installers.

If anyone has any additional information that may help I would appreciate it. Thanks.

we sell and install Myron & Davis they are top notch and match perfectly. install is 2 wires you cant get much more simple than that. it takes longer to unbox them than to install them. if more than one are interested i can set up a group buy but i need some feedback if some are interested.

http://www.myronanddavis.com/search/index....mp;vehyear=2007

http://www.myronanddavis.com/product/AHDM7.html

we sell and install Myron & Davis they are top notch and match perfectly. install is 2 wires you cant get much more simple than that. it takes longer to unbox them than to install them. if more than one are interested i can set up a group buy but i need some feedback if some are interested.

http://www.myronanddavis.com/search/index....mp;vehyear=2007

http://www.myronanddavis.com/product/AHDM7.html

thanks for the info I am almost sorry I did not check this post sooner. I made a quick decision to purchase the Audiovox touch-screens this evening they are costing my about $1400 with install. I sure hope I don't regret the decision. I will let you know. Thanks in advance.

thanks for the info I am almost sorry I did not check this post sooner. I made a quick decision to purchase the Audiovox touch-screens this evening they are costing my about $1400 with install. I sure hope I don't regret the decision. I will let you know. Thanks in advance.

If your spending that much, You might just as well have bought the Invision that the dealer installs. They cost me $1595.00 installed.

If your spending that much, You might just as well have bought the Invision that the dealer installs. They cost me $1595.00 installed.

To be honest with you I did not like the factory brand look. Plus there are 3 different versions they sell at the dealer those with the most similar functionality (play 1 on both/play 2 consecutively) were around $1995.00 before taxes (.13%).

I chose the Audiovox primarily because of the 3 year manufactures warranty. Additional reasons were as follows:

touch screen, USB port, IPOD compatibility, SD card slot and built in Video games also with the compatibility to hook up PS2 and Xbox.

However with that being said my other choices were Myron & Davis and Vizualogic. I did not choose M&D because I was not big on the opening at the top (big flap). I would have chosen Vizualogic based on looks alone since I thought they do a great job on matching the OEM and I like the sleek design of the DVD very minimal mostly screen with a small border. However these would be shipped within 5 business days.

My Audiovox arrive tomorrow which is another great deal (1 day shipping), and will be installed on Friday at 4:00pm.

So hopefully all goes well the installers do work for Village ford and other Ford dealerships in Michigan and seem very professional. This system will cost me in total $1400.00 all taxes and installation in.

I will let you know how the so called cheopo brands work out. It was reassuring to hear the other fellow on this forum had very good luck with the Audiovox brand.

At the end of the day its only money and nothing lasts forever

To be honest with you I did not like the factory brand look. Plus there are 3 different versions they sell at the dealer those with the most similar functionality (play 1 on both/play 2 consecutively) were around $1995.00 before taxes (.13%).

I chose the Audiovox primarily because of the 3 year manufactures warranty. Additional reasons were as follows:

touch screen, USB port, IPOD compatibility, SD card slot and built in Video games also with the compatibility to hook up PS2 and Xbox.

However with that being said my other choices were Myron & Davis and Vizualogic. I did not choose M&D because I was not big on the opening at the top (big flap). I would have chosen Vizualogic based on looks alone since I thought they do a great job on matching the OEM and I like the sleek design of the DVD very minimal mostly screen with a small border. However these would be shipped within 5 business days.

My Audiovox arrive tomorrow which is another great deal (1 day shipping), and will be installed on Friday at 4:00pm.

So hopefully all goes well the installers do work for Village ford and other Ford dealerships in Michigan and seem very professional. This system will cost me in total $1400.00 all taxes and installation in.

I will let you know how the so called cheopo brands work out. It was reassuring to hear the other fellow on this forum had very good luck with the Audiovox brand.

At the end of the day its only money and nothing lasts forever

I just checked & mine were actually $1695.00 installed. They play individual or same on both.Plus, it has jacks to add games. The best thing about them is that the headrest is adjustable foeward & back. Some don't like the headrests that lean way forward. I think the lower price is because of X plan. I forgot to ask for Sirius when I ordered mine & as you can see, I paid way too much for that as a dealer add on.

The Head Rest DVD is $1,695 installed

Sirus Radio $495 installed

Spring lowering kit $795 installed

Tint $150 installed

I just checked & mine were actually $1695.00 installed. They play individual or same on both.Plus, it has jacks to add games. The best thing about them is that the headrest is adjustable foeward & back. Some don't like the headrests that lean way forward. I think the lower price is because of X plan. I forgot to ask for Sirius when I ordered mine & as you can see, I paid way too much for that as a dealer add on.

The Head Rest DVD is $1,695 installed

Sirus Radio $495 installed

Spring lowering kit $795 installed

Tint $150 installed

I am glad it worked out for you, hopefully I will be equally as satisfied. Add-ons are typically not discounted for X planners however, I know A plan does offer an incremental discount (very small) since I am one. Was the cost of the Sirius for a lifetime membership?

Your ride sounds very nice... thank you for the information.

Edited by nxirogia