Creme Brulee.. White Sand... what is the difference?

Lex Talionis

I have scoured the web and the Ford edge site and Google images and the local dealers.. I cannot find any good high quality images that show me the difference between these 2 colors side by each. I have seen, in person at the dealer and on this site (Biff215 and Cliffs Edge), the Creme Brulee and it seems to be a 'creamy white' (a yellowish tint for lack of a better explanation) while I have not seen a White Sand in person or anywhere (except kmhibbs photos here) and wonder is the White Sand closer to actual true white 'white' or yet another variation of off white with a creamy mix like closer to brown? At the top of this website in the header image next to the Redfire is a White Sand I assume?

Anyway the point is, I like the Creme Brulee but am looking for the color closets to a true white.... which would be?

this website shows the little baby photos - all one can find - and it seems the White Sand is actually white? http://www.myfordedge.com/specs/2008-ford-...aint-colors.php

Edited by Lex Talionis

I have scoured the web and the Ford edge site and Google images and the local dealers.. I cannot find any good high quality images that show me the difference between these 2 colors side by each. I have seen, in person at the dealer and on this site (Biff215 and Cliffs Edge), the Creme Brulee and it seems to be a 'creamy white' (a yellowish tint for lack of a better explanation) while I have not seen a White Sand in person or anywhere (except kmhibbs photos here) and wonder is the White Sand closer to actual true white 'white' or yet another variation of off white with a creamy mix like closer to brown? At the top of this website in the header image next to the Redfire is a White Sand I assume?

Anyway the point is, I like the Creme Brulee but am looking for the color closets to a true white.... which would be?

this website shows the little baby photos - all one can find - and it seems the White Sand is actually white? http://www.myfordedge.com/specs/2008-ford-...aint-colors.php

White Sand is closer to true white. There is no Oxford white available on the edge so we went with White Sand Just took delivery on 12/29 I like the color alot! We didnt get a 2007 because my Fiancee hated the yellow tint of the Creme brulee... So we waited a year and Voila! :runaway: Ford rethought their white options. Very elegant color for the edge. Very close to the whte mettalic of the Cadillac Escalade

Edited by Edgieguy

White Sand is closer to true white. There is no Oxford white available on the edge so we went with White Sand Just took delivery on 12/29 I like the color alot! We didnt get a 2007 because my Fiancee hated the yellow tint of the Creme brulee... So we waited a year and Voila Ford rethought their white options. Very elegant color for the edge. Very close to the whte mettalic of the Cadillac Escalade

So, for the Edge options, if I sought a 'white' color - I would go with White Sand... agreed?

This whole post points to the confusion automakers (and paint manufacturers) are causing with all the artistic names that the marketing folks dream up to try and create some imagined perception in the mind of the public.

White, Red, Black, Deep Blue, .... Nope! can't have this, thats to direct, to common, not "sexy" enough !

Artic white (is that before or after global warming melted all the white snow in the artic?). Creme Brulee. Isn't that a blackend, burnt desert?.

When I get asked what colour my edge is the answer is simple... RED !

I just found this, noticing a link I have never seen/noticed that takes you several clicks into the site deeper, that gives the best and clearest representation between the difference in these 2 colors (and all of them for that matter)

http://www.fordvehicles.com/crossovers/edge/gallery/colors/

you can see all colors, and their interiors, in 360 degrees... nice!

I just found this, noticing a link I have never seen/noticed that takes you several clicks into the site deeper, that gives the best and clearest representation between the difference in these 2 colors (and all of them for that matter)

http://www.fordvehicles.com/crossovers/edge/gallery/colors/

you can see all colors, and their interiors, in 360 degrees... nice!

Lex,

Thanks for the link. It is nice to see the colors side by side. I like the interior view especially. I have not decided which color and interior I am going to go with and seeing them side by side is nice. I did notice that they make some strange choices of what changes from color to color.

- The black interior is pretty straight forward anything that can be black is.

- The camel interior uses a black steering wheel, black shifter and black moldings around the doors. Although it has camel colored inserts in the doors.

- The medium light stone has stone steering wheel, stone shifter and stone moldings around the doors. As well as the stone door inserts.

- It also appears that the camel and stone have the same carpet? I am not sure if this is the case, but it does not appear to change and looks more camel than stone.

You would think that the camel would have camel steering wheel, shifter and moldings like the stone does. I guess I still need to really see them in person to make a final judegement.

Clayton

Lex,

Thanks for the link. It is nice to see the colors side by side. I like the interior view especially. I have not decided which color and interior I am going to go with and seeing them side by side is nice. I did notice that they make some strange choices of what changes from color to color.

- The black interior is pretty straight forward anything that can be black is.

- The camel interior uses a black steering wheel, black shifter and black moldings around the doors. Although it has camel colored inserts in the doors.

- The medium light stone has stone steering wheel, stone shifter and stone moldings around the doors. As well as the stone door inserts.

- It also appears that the camel and stone have the same carpet? I am not sure if this is the case, but it does not appear to change and looks more camel than stone.

You would think that the camel would have camel steering wheel, shifter and moldings like the stone does. I guess I still need to really see them in person to make a final judegement.

Clayton

They changed the camel interior for 2008. 2007 was all camel. There were significant glare issues with the dash, so they changed to the camel seats and door inserts with black dash, etc. I did not think I would like the 2008 but once we got it, we liked it very much. No glare issues at all. Good luck!

So, for the Edge options, if I sought a 'white' color - I would go with White Sand... agreed?

Totally agreed! I have the white sand limited...and OMG..I LOVE this color...

It has this sparkle to it...it is a variant of white...sorta...off white....but it is really gorgeous! I think you would be really happy with the White Sand, if you wanted white...tis what I wanted as well...

:)