Blackberry 8100

having a problem with their Blackberry Pearl with the sync system?

After about a million attempts that took an entire week, I finally got the phone to pair with my 2008 Edge sync system. Now everytime I get the phone to make a connection it disconnects right away while I am making a phone call. Anyone else having this problem> The phone just will not stay connected to the system.

• 2 weeks later...

I have a Blackberry 8100 with T-Mobile running 4.2.1.107 (latest ver for T-Mobile) and not a hitch or problem. Syncs up via bluetooth everytime and I've never lost a connection with SYNC. Mine paired with the system the first time I tried it and downloading of address book, etc was flawless...

Jason

'08 - Edge Limited

After about a million attempts that took an entire week, I finally got the phone to pair with my 2008 Edge sync system. Now everytime I get the phone to make a connection it disconnects right away while I am making a phone call. Anyone else having this problem> The phone just will not stay connected to the system.

I have the Moto Q Music 9M from Verizon (running WM6.0) and I have the same problem yet the phone works fine with other Bluetooth devices and my wifes Razor works fine with Sync. I assume it is a compatibility problem. Yet no updates are available for either device. I'm thinking about getting another phone, but I wanted the Pearl....bummer.

• 2 months later...

I also have a BB Pearl w/ T-Mobile. I just ordered my Edge, so I have not been able to test it on it yet, but I was able to sync it with my Brothers new Focus w/ Sync. Everything works as expected. I figure the Focus should be the same as the Edge in terms or syncing capability.

I don't have a Blackberry Pearl, but I do have a HTC Mogul that wouldn't pair. I would try and it would seem to connect, but then get kicked off almost immediately.

I took the Edge back to the dealer to see if I was mucking it up somehow. They pair 2 different phones to the system while I sat there. Mine still wouldn't pair. Called Qwest (my service provider) and they sent me a new phone ... the bluetooth stack was the problem.

Anyway! Now all is fine and I love it!

You could be having a bluetooth stack problem as well. Have you paired your phone to a computer or anything? If it is a stack problem you probobly can't pair to that either. If you can't pair any other phone to your sync, it could be the stack in the car.

Hope that helps.

Tammy