Automatic Door Lock Problem

Scott McCoy

Hello everyone! I have a 2007 Ford Edge SEL. In the past, the door locks activated at 12-15 mph, as it should. However, I have noticed that it has stopped doing that. I think it may have something to do with my fiancee putting his arm over the door lock on the passenger side and locking the door accidentally before I even turned the car on. Is there a way to fix the problem with the door lock that's relatively easy, or would it be an expensive issue? Thanks for any input!

Activating autolock on 2007 Edge:

Before starting, ensure the ignition is in the LOCK position and all vehicle doors are closed. You must complete Steps 1–5 within 30 seconds or the procedure will have to be repeated. If the procedure needs to be repeated, wait a minimum of 30 seconds before beginning again.

1. Place the key in the ignition and turn the ignition to the RUN position.
2. Press the power door unlock control on the door panel three times.
3. Turn the ignition from the RUN position to the LOCK position.
4. Press the power door unlock control on the door panel three times.
5. Turn the ignition back to the RUN position. The horn will chirp one time to confirm programming mode has been entered and is active.
6. To enable/disable the autolock feature, press the unlock control, then press the lock control. The horn will chirp once if autolock was deactivated or twice (one short and one long chirp) if autolock was activated.
7. Turn the ignition to the LOCK position. The horn will chirp once to confirm the procedure is complete.

• Like 1