New (To Me) 2013 Edge SEL AWD 3.5L

ExNascarDood

If you feel comfy with doing it yourself go for it !!! In my case, the reality is that for what my local shop charges in labor per hour I can earn more than that working that hour so I'll pay them to do it. That said, they do VERY good work and warranty what they do so I feel 100% comfy with them doing the work for me.

Please note that I had the "base" system in my Edge and not the "Sony" upgrade as I knew I'd end up ripping it out starting at the drivers back. Drove home with all windows down and the pano roof full open and had Clapton screaming at much less than 1/2 volume so I'm a happy camper :)

Unfortunately, it's hard to find many people in lower NY that care much about other people's stuff. The local audio shop has too many bad satisfaction ratings for installs and if I go to a chain store that does installs it's just going to be an underpaid kid who doesn't care. Not risking damage to my Edge interior. If someone's going to mess it up, it'll be me.

So after re-reviewing the You Tube how to videos for the front and rear door panels, I've decided this is now going to be my DIY project during my July 4th holiday break.

I'm picking up 4 Kenwood 6x8 KFC-C6894PS 3-Way Performance Series speakers from Amazon this week and now just have to figure out which speaker wiring adapters to get.

I'll let you know how it goes.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey, Dood. Just wanted to let you know that I started my factory speaker swap-out. I installed a pair of Kenwood 3-way 6x8 (KFC-C6895PS) in the rear doors this past weekend. Turned out to be a very easy job. Took me about 45 minutes per door.

http://www.fordedgeforum.com/topic/15552-2013-ford-edge-sel-mods-so-far/page-2?do=findComment&comment=133397

I'll reserve judgment on the sound quality for now until I get the front speakers in. Honestly didn't notice too much of an improvement just yet with just the rears swapped out.

I'm marrying them up with a pair of Infinity Reference series coaxials with pivoting dome tweeters in the front. I'm hoping that with the Infinity's in the front paired with the Kenwood 3-ways in the rear, that I'll end up with a noticable improvement in sound quality without having to do anything further. Not looking to one-up these kids with their mobile amphitheaters that rattle my house when they pass by. Just looking to get some modest HD sound in my ride.

• Like 1

Glad to hear you've started your project! I know when I dropped the Kaption Audio drivers in there was a huge difference in sound quality anD balance. I was rattling my drivers door earlier this week while playing The Beastie Boys off of a USB stick lol. Hope you get the sound you're lookin for o nce you're done :-)

• Like 1