Too late for X-Plan?

Meckwell

Hi folks, got to say what a fantastic forum this is.

Before coming across this forum I placed an order for a 2008 Edge Limited. Delivery is not expected for another 5 weeks or so. Is it too late to try and get a X-Plan number and take it to my dealer or am I stuck with the deal I made (have only given him a $500.00 deposit).

Thanks.

Meckwell

Hi folks, got to say what a fantastic forum this is.

Before coming across this forum I placed an order for a 2008 Edge Limited. Delivery is not expected for another 5 weeks or so. Is it too late to try and get a X-Plan number and take it to my dealer or am I stuck with the deal I made (have only given him a $500.00 deposit).

Thanks.

Meckwell

Hi Meckwell. :D No, it is not too late, if your Dealer will accept an X-Plan purchase on the vehicle. Plan participation is voluntary for Dealerships (but if they agree to accept, they must follow the Plan rules).

Go to the Dealership and let them know you have a friend who just told you that they can provide an X-Plan PIN to you. Ask them if you can switch the deal over to an X-Plan purchase. "Usually", this is not a problem.

If the Dealer refuses, as leverage you can always tell them you wish to cancel the deal, and receive a refund on your deposit. Just be sure that the deposit is refundable before you do that. Then you can always purchase on the Plan at another Dealership.

However, most Dealers do not seem to have problem with changing deals over to X-Plan qualifying purchases.

Let us know how it goes, and good luck! :beerchug: