Possible Edge Owner....

aggieshell08

Howdy!

I am getting a new car at the end of this month and I am having a hard time making a decision. I am deciding between the 2007 Ford Edge SEL FWD and the 2007 Nissan Murano SL FWD.

I have been comparing the two and I was wondering what information many of yall could provide me with. I like that the Edge has many standard features such as the keyless entry, seat memory settings, and heated seats (not too much of added plus here in Texas..ha ha). But the Murano has adjustable petals (which is nice since I am only 5'1") and a really nice information screen.

After reading reviews and many threads on this forum I am concerend about a few things with the Egde. I have seen many complaints about the gas mileage, wiper system, vista roof, transmission, and more. I was hoping some of my fears could be put to rest so I can finally decide on a car. I am a college student graduating in May so I would like a reliable car so I don't have to pay for too many repairs.

I am excited about being a part of this site and open to all opinions you can give me!!

Howdy!

I am getting a new car at the end of this month and I am having a hard time making a decision. I am deciding between the 2007 Ford Edge SEL FWD and the 2007 Nissan Murano SL FWD.

I have been comparing the two and I was wondering what information many of yall could provide me with. I like that the Edge has many standard features such as the keyless entry, seat memory settings, and heated seats (not too much of added plus here in Texas..ha ha). But the Murano has adjustable petals (which is nice since I am only 5'1") and a really nice information screen.

After reading reviews and many threads on this forum I am concerend about a few things with the Egde. I have seen many complaints about the gas mileage, wiper system, vista roof, transmission, and more. I was hoping some of my fears could be put to rest so I can finally decide on a car. I am a college student graduating in May so I would like a reliable car so I don't have to pay for too many repairs.

I am excited about being a part of this site and open to all opinions you can give me!!

I am also 5' 1" and just bought a 2008 Edge limited and love it. The seat adjusts 6 ways so I sit up high and reach the pedals just fine, plus the steering wheel also is

adjustable. I absolutely love this car especially the way drives. from ttbear.

Hey.. another 5'1 here too - and I love it.. the seats are great, I can see fine from all angles, and reach the liftgate just fine.

Just remember - ya, some of us had problems with our Edge (I have none) - but any new car will have issues - esp within warranty period.

You really want a car that rides great (edge), suits your needs, looks great etc. etc. The Edge has a great engine, good tranny and lots of nice features including the awesome roof ( I love this).

No car is perfect - I personally had my sites on a Murano before an Edge - but the Edge is fab...

Go with your gut instinct... Im sure it will "edge" you in the right direction.

I too am planning to get a new car and have decided on a 2008 Edge..... I considered the Murano, but decided its technology is already 4-5 years old..........

I too am 5'1 and just got my Edge last Monday! I tell you what, after owning a 2005 Pontiac G6 GT for three years, I don't know that I would go back. This has the smoothest ride I have ever had, and being short, it's hard to say that about a car this large! I highly recommend the 2008 Edge!!!! :banvictory:

Howdy!

My wife and I traded our 2005 Murano SL AWD for a 2007 AWD SEL+ Ford Edge back in May, and we love our Edge. With just about all the options available, including navigation, the Edge is hard to beat.

We really grew to wonder not IF our Murano was going to "act up"...but WHEN. The biggest problem we had with it was that, over 10 times, it simply refused to go into Park after arriving at our destination. Sometimes my wife would have to sit for 5 minutes or so before it would allow Park to be engaged. That, combined with interior rattles the dealer could never find, convinced us we needed to trade it for a car we could depend on....and I think we have it in our Edge.

For 2008, the Edge with the Sync option would definitely be better than whatever Nissan has in their Muranos. Combine the Sync option with the Navigation in the Edge, and you've got a great system.

And...the Edge is built in Canada....the Murano comes from Japan.