PLEASE HELP!!!! ASAP Trying to Fix to-night and its 1:54 am My time

ok ill get stright to the point because i need answers asap, I basicly messed up my sunroof, i was dring down interstate.... front glass came up and ejected of car at 70+ MPH, then it shattered, its been 5 weeks so i went to LKQ and bought a replace ment the whole 9 yards... INCLUDING THE OUTTER ROOF ITS SELF the part that the whole 9 yards of the viesta roof is attached too and bolted... I CANT FOR THE LOVE OF MY LIFE find out how to take off the entire vista roof and set the other one in ive token dang near my whole car apart inside and out, IT HAS THIS VERY THICK HARD RUBBER SEAL around it and i cant get it to come off.... PLEASE HELP!!!! i leave in 1 week for 8 months for active duty this is my wifes car... i have to fix it ASAP... please

post-36043-0-81275200-1435043104_thumb.jpg

post-36043-0-54069100-1435043111_thumb.jpg

First, thanks for serving. Semper Fi.

Now, you may have bitten off more than you chew on this one. Here is the service manual procedure for removing an 09 (don't have an 07).

post-32762-0-31537100-1435113341.jpg

Deluxe Windshield Removal Tool
164-R2450 or equivalent

Material

Dow Urethane Adhesive Betaseal™ Express
Dow Urethane One Step Glass Primer Betaprime™ 5500 / 5500A / 5500SA
Sika Urethane Adhesive Sika Tack ASAP
Sika Urethane Metal and Glass Primer Sika 206 G+P

Removal

NOTICE: The gearing on the shade motor assembly (silver label or white label) is different than the sliding glass motor assembly (black label or blue label). If the shade motor or the sliding glass motor is installed in the incorrect location, the sunshade and/or glass panel travel distance will be affected and damage to some of the components may result.

NOTE: If installing a new roof opening panel module assembly, the following components will need to be transferred from the original assembly: concertina blinds, front and rear shade assemblies, roof opening panel sliding glass, roof opening panel shade motor and roof opening panel sliding glass motor.

1. Remove the ditch mouldings and clip strips.

2. Remove the concertina blinds. For additional information, refer to Roof Opening Panel Blind in this section.

3. Remove the roof opening sliding glass panel. For additional information, refer to Roof Opening Panel Glass — Front Sliding in this section.

4. Remove the air deflector assembly. For additional information, refer to Air Deflector in this section.

5. Remove the headliner. For additional information, refer to Section 501-05 .

6. Remove the roof opening panel front trim. For additional information, refer to Roof Opening Panel Trim — Front in this section.

7. Remove the roof opening panel side trim panels. For additional information, refer to Roof Opening Panel Trim — Side in this section.

8. Disconnect the roof opening panel electrical harness connector.

9. WARNING: Always wear eye protection when servicing a vehicle. Failure to follow this instruction may result in serious personal injury.

WARNING: Wear protective gloves when handling components or parts that have pointed or sharp edges. Failure to follow this instruction may result in serious personal injury.

NOTICE: Make sure the cutting blades are changed where the cutting depth changes to avoid damage to the body and trim panels. When using the Deluxe Windshield Removal Tool, place the flat side of the knife against the roof module.

NOTICE: To avoid rust formation, use extreme care not to scratch the paint or primer, or otherwise damage the body during removal.

NOTE: Lubricate the urethane adhesive with water to aid the Deluxe Windshield Removal Tool when cutting the urethane adhesive.

NOTE: Add wedges as necessary to separate the roof opening panel module from the body to relieve pressure on the cutting blade.

NOTE: Do not open the liftgate during this procedure.

Refer to the urethane adhesive path illustration and cut as follows:

1. NOTICE: Use caution when cutting to prevent damage to the windshield glass seal.

From the outside of the vehicle, start at the center and work towards the front corners and around the locator pin.

2. From the outside of the vehicle, continue working along the side and towards the rear corners.

3. From the inside of the vehicle, work from the center towards the rear corners and around the rear locator pin.

post-32762-0-83325500-1435113595_thumb.jpg

10. With the aid of an assistant, remove the roof opening panel module assembly.

Installation

NOTE: For additional urethane adhesive guidelines, refer to the manufacturer's installation information.

1. NOTE: Avoid scratching the painted surfaces. For minor scratches or exposed metal, see the manufacturer's recommendations.

Using an appropriate tool, trim the urethane adhesive leaving no more than 1 mm (0.03 in) base of original equipment urethane adhesive along the roof opening module body mounting surface.

post-32762-0-71352200-1435113632_thumb.jpg

2. Using a soft brush or vacuum, remove any dirt or foreign material from the vehicle body roof opening panel module flanges.

3. Make sure the locator pin holes are cleared of any foreign material which would affect installation of the new roof opening panel module.

4. NOTICE: Be sure to use the same brand of cure-rate products for the adhesive and primer. Do not mix different brands of urethane and primer. Incompatible products can result in seal failure. Refer to the Material chart in this procedure.

Cut the urethane adhesive applicator tip to the specification.

post-32762-0-67124500-1435113665_thumb.jpg

5. NOTE: Use either the Air Caulking Gun or a high-ratio, electric or battery-operated caulk gun that will apply the urethane adhesive with less effort and a continuous bead.

Apply urethane adhesive on top of the existing trimmed urethane adhesive bead, making sure there are no gaps in the bead.

6. Install the roof opening panel module assembly.

post-32762-0-28000100-1435113716_thumb.jpg

1. NOTE: Make sure the roof opening panel module assembly does not come into contact with the urethane adhesive bead.

With the aid of assistants, hold the roof opening panel module assembly approximately 50.8 mm (2 in) over the body structure.

2. Line up the locator pin to the front hole and rear guide pin to the rear hole.

3. NOTICE: Make sure the windshield moulding does not get pinched under the roof opening panel module assembly.

NOTE: Make sure the roof opening panel module is lowered straight down and does not shift.

Carefully lower the roof opening panel module assembly into position on the body.

7. NOTICE: When installing urethane adhesive-installed parts, the vehicle must not be driven until the urethane adhesive has cured. Adequate cure time is specified on the drive away chart for each urethane adhesive product as the temperatures and humidity vary. Inadequate or incorrect curing can adversely affect the retention of the roof opening panel module assembly.

Firmly apply downward pressure to the entire sealing edges of the roof opening panel module assembly to make sure it is seated correctly.

8. Install the air deflector assembly. For additional information, refer to Air Deflector in this section.

9. Attach the bottom of the concertina blind to the guide track in the most forward position.

10. NOTE: Do not install the headliner at this time.

If installing a new roof opening panel module assembly, install the front and rear shade assemblies but do not carry out the roof opening panel motor initialization at this time. For additional information, refer to Roof Opening Panel Motor — Shade in this section.

11. Manually move the sliding front glass mechanisms forward until they are flush against the track hard-stops.

12. Carefully move the front and rear shades rearward to the fully OPEN position by pushing at the edges closest to the tracks.

13. NOTE: Do not install the headliner at this time.

Install the roof opening panel shade motor but do not carry out the roof opening panel motor initialization at this time. For additional information, refer to Roof Opening Panel Motor — Shade in this section.

14. NOTE: Do not install the headliner at this time.

Install the roof opening panel sliding glass motor but do not carry out the roof opening panel motor initialization at this time. For additional information, refer to Roof Opening Panel Motor — Sliding Front Panel in this section.

15. Connect the roof opening panel electrical harness connector.

16. Install the antenna. For additional information, refer to Section 415-00 .

17. Install the headliner. For additional information, refer to Section 501-05 .

18. With the roof opening sliding glass panel still removed, initialize the roof opening panel motor(s). For additional information, refer to Roof Opening Panel Motor Initialization in this section.

19. NOTE: Press the roof opening panel control switch to move the mechanisms rearward to allow installation of the sliding glass panel.

NOTE: It will be necessary to carry out the initialization procedure again after the glass panel is installed.

Install the roof opening panel sliding glass. For additional information, refer to Roof Opening Panel Glass — Front Sliding in this section.

20. Install the ditch mouldings and clip strips.

Edited by enigma-2
  • Like 2