Sync Applink

According to the Sync website, its does show availability on the 2015 buy not if the car is equipped with MyFordTouch? Does that make sense?

I stand corrected. I was thinking of the 2015s with MFT. I see Sync is available on the SE and SEL models, but I don't know if applink works with it. Maybe one of the forum members with an SE or SEL model will chime.in.

• 2 weeks later...

I was going to buy a 2016 MKX with sync 3. I finally found out for sure that the 2016 MKX ( totally new model) will have a glorified version of the old sync for 2016. I suspect the same goes for the EDGE. So I just bought a 2015 EDGE. Going to keep it till the 2017 models come out. Then trade.

Check this web site, you won't find Lincoln, or EDGE under the list at Ford. com/ technology/ sync

Page 18 of 2016 Fleet guide:

Available Features: ...SYNC 3 with 8" color LCD touch screen with AppLink, ™ 911 Assist® and 2 smart-charging USB ports

The MKX does not list sync 3, I have read comments on forums that it maybe would be in Job 2 for the MKX.

http://www.fleet.ford.com/resources/ford/general/pdf/brochures/UPDATED_16_FleetPreviewGuide.pdf

Edited by punch-card