20w cartridge fuse (for power adapter)

I noticed that one of the power adapters didn't work - the one inside the center armrest compartment.

When I was having the Edge serviced I asked them to take a look at it and when I picked it up they told me it tested out fine and that my device must be at fault.

So when I got home I did more tests and with the same device I tested all three power adapters. The center armrest compartment one still did not work while the other two (back seat and centeral console) worked fine. I finally popped the hood and looked inside the fuse box and with the help of the manual was able to locate the three fuses that match up with the power adapters.

Sure enough one of the fuses was blown. It makes me feel that the service dept didn't even bother to check or else they would have noticed a blown fuse (and told me about it instead of saying that it was working fine)! This in itself is pretty annoying - what's the point of taking the car into a Ford dealership if they aren't even going to look at an issue?

So the point of my question: Can one buy the square cartridge-style fuses at a typical auto parts store or if not what is the best way to go about getting a new fuse?

I noticed that one of the power adapters didn't work - the one inside the center armrest compartment.

When I was having the Edge serviced I asked them to take a look at it and when I picked it up they told me it tested out fine and that my device must be at fault.

So when I got home I did more tests and with the same device I tested all three power adapters. The center armrest compartment one still did not work while the other two (back seat and centeral console) worked fine. I finally popped the hood and looked inside the fuse box and with the help of the manual was able to locate the three fuses that match up with the power adapters.

Sure enough one of the fuses was blown. It makes me feel that the service dept didn't even bother to check or else they would have noticed a blown fuse (and told me about it instead of saying that it was working fine)! This in itself is pretty annoying - what's the point of taking the car into a Ford dealership if they aren't even going to look at an issue?

So the point of my question: Can one buy the square cartridge-style fuses at a typical auto parts store or if not what is the best way to go about getting a new fuse?

Hi billimek. :D Yes, you should be able to purchase the fuse at any competent Auto Parts Store.

If you don't have decent one near you, purchase it at the Dealership. But it will normally be less expensive to buy at an Auto Store.

However, keep in mind that you (and your Dealer) have not yet discovered what the original cause of the blown fuse was. Problems like this do not normally heal themselves, like a cut on your hand.

I would recommend making another appointment and bringing your car back to them. Reinstall the blown fuse before you get there. Tell them you discovered the blown fuse and have them try to find the cause. Otherwise, over time you will probably wind up blowing a long succession of fuses.

Additionally, in the future always have an electronic device with you when having service like this done, so you can test it before leaving the Dealership, and show them what the problem is.

Good luck! :beerchug:

Edited by bbf2530