2011 Edge SEL ambient temp sensor

Shannon Pauley

I have had my 2011 ford edge into the dealership 4 times since Feb 2015 to repair the ambient temp sensor because it consistently says it is 23 degrees outside. They continue to try to tell me it's fixed when it's not. The car reads correctly of it has sat for 4 hrs or more but anything shorter it will tell me it's 23 degrees and will only pump out hot air until the car is moved

I have had my 2011 ford edge into the dealership 4 times since Feb 2015 to repair the ambient temp sensor because it consistently says it is 23 degrees outside. They continue to try to tell me it's fixed when it's not. The car reads correctly of it has sat for 4 hrs or more but anything shorter it will tell me it's 23 degrees and will only pump out hot air until the car is moved

Good afternoon Shannon Pauley,

Welcome to the forum! I'm Todd, one of a few Ford reps here on the board. I'm going to look into this further. What's your current mileage, and preferred servicing dealership?

Todd

I assume you are in Canada, Shannon, since it says 23 degrees :) Seriously though, does it say 23 Celsius or 23 Farenheit? Do you know what all they tried to do to fix the issue? Has the Edge been in any front end incidents lately? The sensor is usually in the engine compartment, behind the front bumper cover.

It could be that the sensor, APIM or the CCM is involved and has to be replaced, but it might help to pull fuses (#37 in the passenger compartment fuse panel for instance) first. Believe it or not, a weak/bad battery can also do funky things. So have that checked (by modern testers). Try resetting everything with a pull of the negative battery cable for about 30 minutes.